SO BLACK OWNERS: how are your bags holding up?

So black chevron mini reissue. Chain is sturdy and IMO unlikely to chip. Leather is thick and spongy and the reissue skin is deliberately aged, no peeling. It also survived freak rainstorm (I had an umbrella). From this season, bought at the boutique as a walk in basically bc chanel didn’t require appts like Hermes down a few blocks. But, I don’t examine my bags with a jewelers loup; I basically make my decision on the spot whether I want something; and, I usually wear my bags out of the store bc if something goes wrong, I want it to be me that makes the dents or dings. Part of the life of all my bags. note: I decided not to attempt to shove my black box kelly langue wallet into it (I thought maybe diagonally) does not work.

it may not be fair, but I find Chanel more accommodating if you have a strong purchase history, even a past history, with RTW. Even though the cosmetics, sunglasses, accessories and bags, jewelry Most likely constitute a far larger number.

So black chevron mini reissue. Chain is sturdy and IMO unlikely to chip. Leather is thick and spongy and the reissue skin is deliberately aged, no peeling. It also survived freak rainstorm (I had an umbrella). From this season, bought at the boutique as a walk in basically bc chanel didn’t require appts like Hermes down a few blocks. But, I don’t examine my bags with a jewelers loup; I basically make my decision on the spot whether I want something; and, I usually wear my bags out of the store bc if something goes wrong, I want it to be me that makes the dents or dings. Part of the life of all my bags. note: I decided not to attempt to shove my black box kelly langue wallet into it (I thought maybe diagonally) does not work.

it may not be fair, but I find Chanel more accommodating if you have a strong purchase history, even a past history, with RTW. Even though the cosmetics, sunglasses, accessories and bags, jewelry Most likely constitute a far larger number.
Cool to know. In terms of Chanel being accommodating - Will it matter if I shop in different Chanel locations in the US? Or does it have to be just one location?

Cool to know. In terms of Chanel being accommodating - Will it matter if I shop in different Chanel locations in the US? Or does it have to be just one location?
I’ve mainly shopped 57th st location with one SA who was there for many years. I only stopped when she moved to Fendi. But, years later, they still had all of my 57th st. information at the madison Avenue accessories boutique, a different location. So maybe it doesn’t matter? My experience with accommodation was more that whenever I’ve had an issue, I’ve been able to take it to an individual SA and have her run point with it. . .

Last edited:
I only have a Jumbo Flap in black caviar with SHW. I've only used it a handful of times cause I don't use a bag everyday because of work. But I love it when I use it. It's currently out for repair because one of the gusset stitch began to unravel (SA said it's common on the double flap with use, but it was kinda loose when I first got it). It was free of charge! (And I got in 2016!). It's going to be out 8-10 weeks, currently 1 week out. I'm going to starting using it more when it comes back!!!