SO BLACK OWNERS: how are your bags holding up?

justnewyork

Sofa King Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Be it a Classic Flap, Reissue, Boy or a Gabrielle - how is the black hardware of your bags holding up?

What problems have you encountered so far if any? Any chipping/fading issues? Was Chanel accommodating to your hardware repair requests?

amna72

Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I had 3 So Black bags, I sold the Boy, so I am left with Jumbo and Reissue 226. I had no issues so far, though I must say that I am not caring those bags often.

• Love
Reactions: 880

justnewyork

Sofa King Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Hi, I had 3 So Black bags, I sold the Boy, so I am left with Jumbo and Reissue 226. I had no issues so far, though I must say that I am not caring those bags often.
Did you sell your So Black Boy because it had hardware issues? Or just not happy with it overall?

missmythology

@ceruleanblonde
Jul 3, 2019
I got the so black cf this spring and the hardware is still perfect. although it didn’t get too much wear. aged ghw started chipping after first use...

• Love
Reactions: 880
Feb 8, 2009
My so black reissue 226 (bought her in 2016) doesn't have any hardware issues either. I took her to travel with me (both international and within the states) several times and have gone through humid/hot/rainy weather and she is still very 'adaptable'!

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
So black chevron mini reissue. Chain is sturdy and IMO unlikely to chip. Leather is thick and spongy and the reissue skin is deliberately aged, no peeling. It also survived freak rainstorm (I had an umbrella). From this season, bought at the boutique as a walk in basically bc chanel didn’t require appts like Hermes down a few blocks. But, I don’t examine my bags with a jewelers loup; I basically make my decision on the spot whether I want something; and, I usually wear my bags out of the store bc if something goes wrong, I want it to be me that makes the dents or dings. Part of the life of all my bags. note: I decided not to attempt to shove my black box kelly langue wallet into it (I thought maybe diagonally) does not work.

it may not be fair, but I find Chanel more accommodating if you have a strong purchase history, even a past history, with RTW. Even though the cosmetics, sunglasses, accessories and bags, jewelry Most likely constitute a far larger number.

justnewyork

Sofa King Banned
Jan 18, 2019
So black chevron mini reissue. Chain is sturdy and IMO unlikely to chip. Leather is thick and spongy and the reissue skin is deliberately aged, no peeling. It also survived freak rainstorm (I had an umbrella). From this season, bought at the boutique as a walk in basically bc chanel didn’t require appts like Hermes down a few blocks. But, I don’t examine my bags with a jewelers loup; I basically make my decision on the spot whether I want something; and, I usually wear my bags out of the store bc if something goes wrong, I want it to be me that makes the dents or dings. Part of the life of all my bags. note: I decided not to attempt to shove my black box kelly langue wallet into it (I thought maybe diagonally) does not work.

it may not be fair, but I find Chanel more accommodating if you have a strong purchase history, even a past history, with RTW. Even though the cosmetics, sunglasses, accessories and bags, jewelry Most likely constitute a far larger number.
Cool to know. In terms of Chanel being accommodating - Will it matter if I shop in different Chanel locations in the US? Or does it have to be just one location?

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Cool to know. In terms of Chanel being accommodating - Will it matter if I shop in different Chanel locations in the US? Or does it have to be just one location?
I’ve mainly shopped 57th st location with one SA who was there for many years. I only stopped when she moved to Fendi. But, years later, they still had all of my 57th st. information at the madison Avenue accessories boutique, a different location. So maybe it doesn’t matter? My experience with accommodation was more that whenever I’ve had an issue, I’ve been able to take it to an individual SA and have her run point with it. . .

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019
I'm sorry if this is a silly question and also if I shouldn't be asking in this thread, but does Chanel always release a Classic Flap in the So Black every season?

Jul 20, 2019
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but do any seasoned Chanel buyers know if they always release a Classic Flap in the So Black every season?

InfiniteMusix

Jul 31, 2014
I only have a Jumbo Flap in black caviar with SHW. I've only used it a handful of times cause I don't use a bag everyday because of work. But I love it when I use it. It's currently out for repair because one of the gusset stitch began to unravel (SA said it's common on the double flap with use, but it was kinda loose when I first got it). It was free of charge! (And I got in 2016!). It's going to be out 8-10 weeks, currently 1 week out. I'm going to starting using it more when it comes back!!!