So Black Classic Flap

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I did a search & couldn't find the specific answer to my question. I'm super interested in a so black classic flap & I'm looking at pre-owned. One thing I noticed was the black seemed to wear off the turnlock. I noticed it on more than one bag. Is this a common problem with the so black classic flaps? I couldn't really find much about it anywhere...TIA!

2. It is very common with the 13S so black- the quilted lambskin with the matte black hardware. Most of the ones I have seen on the presale market have a faded turnlock. I also have this bag and sent my bag in after a few years to have the turnlock fixed. The later styles with the shiny black hardware (15S, 17S...) do not seem to have this problem with the faded/worn off turnlock. None of mine besides the 13S have had any problems, and the turnlocks still look perfect.

3. I had the 17S boy. Black hardware chipped; never even used the bag. Brought it back for repair. I love bhw a lot. But after that experience, I’m hesitant. a lot of ppl here though use their bhw bags everyday, having much better luck than me.

Passau likes this.
  4. I actually asked my SA and she said this does happen, and told me not to be surprised if it chipped. Its really sad

5. I have a black lamb so black boy and a patent so black mini both from 2018 and neither have chipped. I don’t really baby my bags either. The SAs I purchased them from said they never heard of any chipping problems from the bags they have sold. Maybe this problem has been fixed.

CocoGlitter likes this.
  6. I hope so, after paying thousands for a bag I wouldn't want it to chip.

Sparkletastic likes this.
  7. The chipping is what has kept me from buying one of the SB’s. I wish I could know definitively which seasons have chipping and which don’t - presuming there is a season that doesn’t. :shrugs:

CocoGlitter likes this.
  8. Thanks for the responses everyone! I just don't know what to do. I love love love how the black hardware looks, but I also know it would drive me nuts to have to baby it bc I don't baby them. I'll forget about the so black for a while & then I'll start thinking about it again. This has been going on for a few years. Lol! My caviar WOC is at Chanel now bc the leather in the strap came unstitched. It's already annoying me that's going to cost $150 -yes, I've had it 2 years, but still...I'd prob be REALLY unhappy having to get black hardware fixed/replaced/however they fix it...

CocoGlitter likes this.