So Black Boy versus Classic

Boy versus Classic

• Black on black boy

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • So black classic in crumpled calfskin

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
Feb 25, 2012
With the recent release of the black on black boys and classic I have been faced with quite the first world dilemma. I have the chevron lambskin black on black which I adore in a jumbo as pictured however love the look of the new black on black classic crumpled calfskin however it would basically be another classic black on black in my collection.. which may redundant. The black on black boy is stunning adds a bit more versatility in my collection however the hardware seems more shiny gunmetal than black ...
so if you were in my position which would you choose?!

The pic with the two classic flaps was taken by me however the boy pic is one that is borrowed from a recent reveal :smile:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 1.19.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 1.19.54 PM.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 3,019
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 1.35.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 1.35.26 PM.png
    993.4 KB · Views: 2,479
I would get the boy. I love both (and purchased both), but I think the boy is more unique and adds more variety to your collection. If you pass on the boy and decide you want it later, resale prices on this will be crazy, since the black hardware has never been released on the boy before. Good luck, you can't go wrong with either choice:smile:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I would go with the black on black boy! It's edgy but timeless. And it's something a little different from the previous bag you own :smile:
Thank you.. I agree!

The chevron flap is STUNNING! That would be my pick - but I've also been searching for one for months! =P
Haha the chevron flap is actually mine lol
I would get the boy. I love both (and purchased both), but I think the boy is more unique and adds more variety to your collection. If you pass on the boy and decide you want it later, resale prices on this will be crazy, since the black hardware has never been released on the boy before. Good luck, you can't go wrong with either choice:smile:
I completely agree! however am leaning toward both....
So Black Chevron Jumbo gets my vote as I have it and love it!!
Already have the chevron jumbo lol its actually the one in the pic!

I own both the crumpled calf jumbo with bhw, and black grained lambsking boy with black hardware. They are both equally beautiful. I think it depends on what you are looking for and what works best for you.

Get the one that you love. If you love the jumbo, why not, since its quilted vs ur chevron & in different leather. Besides, you could rotate the bag more often between those two.

The boy is stunning too, but the hardware is not as black as you want it to be. Maybe you want to see them real life & decide which one calls to you?

This season is amazing with chanel's rendations of so black collection, we dont see them often. You wont go wrong either way. Just follow what you heart loves. :smile:

My vote goes to the jumbo chevron. I have a red jumbo chevron and I absolutely adore it. If finances permit, I would love a black one just like the one in the picture....

LOL. The Chevron Flap is hers. She's asking if the new crumpled calfskin is too similar or if she should go for the Boy.

Anyhow...I vote for the Boy. I do not like the leather on the Flap at all.

In my opinion, the classic looks completely different from your chevron, more casual looking and more low key. It really depends on your style and which one suits you more. The boy is definitely gorgeous, but like you, I don't really like the shiny black hardware. The Classic is unique thou, so vote goes to classic. Keep us updated in your final choice. :smile:

I understand how difficult it is to choose between the two so black styles since both bags are very striking. I think in this particular situation it's especially important for one to see the bags (specifically the classic flap) in person, as you have, not only in photographs, before making a final decision.

I had pre-ordered the so black rect mini, but, after seeing posted photos of it, I wasn't completely sure that I would like it. When I received it, I liked it much more than I thought I would. I think that it looks much better irl than in photos - it does not photograph as well as it looks. It also seems very durable and carefree to wear and has a casual, classic vibe. I tend to favor classic C flaps over the boy bag. I like the chain strap and the sleekness of the classic flap versus the chunky chain and boxiness of the boy bag - just my personal preference.

The so black boy bag is definitely tempting me though. I haven't seen the boy irl yet so I can't speak to how it is irl but it does seem to photograph very well. I may consider getting a so black boy woc - although I don't really need anymore black bag types.

I think both of these so black bags offer a similar vibe - casual and chic; both styles are striking and stunning. I went with the style that works best for me. Good luck with your decision - both bags are great options.