So black boy advice

Keeria

Jan 21, 2016
Back a few years ago I remember seeing a so black jumbo and I never thought any bag would even come close to being as perfect for me however I discovered the so black boy about a month ago and instantly fell in LOVE. I have been trying to track this bag ever since and finally I had a little bit of hope.

I initially wanted the old medium size boy (not a big fan of the new medium) however one of the boutiques had a size small and I couldn't risk not finding another so I mail ordered the small and it arrived today. I'm 5'6 and more on the curvy side therefore I didn't know what to expect. In my eyes it's so beautiful and my DH agrees. However, my family on the other hand think it may be too small for me personally and that I would benefit getting a size up which is nearly impossible to get this combo which would mean I would have to 'settle' for something with non-black hardware and more than likely lambskin as I haven't seen any caviar boys I liked in the past, only lambskin.

I'm so torn on what to do because I love this bag SO much but I don't know if it'll be impractical plus I can't decide if it suits my body as I don't want anyone to think it looks odd or silly.

Does anyone have any experience with the body/ size issues that may help my decision? Thank you :smile:IMG_1255.jpg

Back a few years ago I remember seeing a so black jumbo and I never thought any bag would even come close to being as perfect for me however I discovered the so black boy about a month ago and instantly fell in LOVE. I have been trying to track this bag ever since and finally I had a little bit of hope.

I initially wanted the old medium size boy (not a big fan of the new medium) however one of the boutiques had a size small and I couldn't risk not finding another so I mail ordered the small and it arrived today. I'm 5'6 and more on the curvy side therefore I didn't know what to expect. In my eyes it's so beautiful and my DH agrees. However, my family on the other hand think it may be too small for me personally and that I would benefit getting a size up which is nearly impossible to get this combo which would mean I would have to 'settle' for something with non-black hardware and more than likely lambskin as I haven't seen any caviar boys I liked in the past, only lambskin.

I'm so torn on what to do because I love this bag SO much but I don't know if it'll be impractical plus I can't decide if it suits my body as I don't want anyone to think it looks odd or silly.

Does anyone have any experience with the body/ size issues that may help my decision? Thank you :smile:View attachment 3680129

I also just got my small so black Boy in the mail today and I didn't know what to expect either since I've never tried on the Boy bags before. I'm 5'5", size 2, and semi-curvy and I feel comfortable with the size/strap length. It definitely doesn't look spectacular on me or anything close to that, but I'm comfortable with it so that's all it matters. The most important thing is that you need to feel comfortable wearing it. It doesn't really matter what other people think or say. [emoji6] Also, NEVER settle!!! You should never settle, especially at this price point.

My boutique SA said that there were 2 so black Boy OM left in the entire company as of 2 days ago. You could always try to locate one by calling the 800 number. Also, my SA has the so black Boy NM available if you ever change your mind. Good luck with your decision! [emoji4][emoji256]

Thank you that really helped! :amuse:
I have two small boys and I like them for going out fun places (shopping, a nice restaurant etc) and I carry a tote if I am doing things like shopping. I basically put credit cards, house key and cash in the back pocket of the bag and then pare down to a phone, lip balm, car key, tissues.

If you don't mind getting a bit creative and minimal, it works and it is a cute size. :smile:

If you feel it's right for you then that's all that matters! As long as you don't feel "silly" wearing it then don't need to worry about what other people think.

I know what you mean!!! I am on the taller side (5'8") but when I first fell in love with Chanel over a year ago, I was about 2 sizes bigger than I am today. I remember that when I tried on the OM vs small, I really really like the look of the small but it didn't like me. :sad: Sort of the same thing with the rectangular mini (which I find to be pretty much equal in size and look as the small boy from the timeless classic look perspective. I thought the mini looked a bit toy-like on me at the time, however, I did feel that it's possible to pull either off but at that time, the OM was more "flexible" for my body type so I bought the OM back then and loved it.

Fast forward a few years now and I slimmed down a bit (health need - I hurt myself when I was younger and as I aged I suffer from back pain which I learned disappears when I kept my weight below a specific magic number!). I recently tried on the small So black boy and FELL completely in love with it. I was offered the OM size of this bag but decided that I love the small boy look so much that I kept the small size despite the hype over the OM size. Reasons I prefer it: it just looked much more sleek. The boy bag style is quite boxy, and the small size doesn't "stick out" as much so it's closer to the body and I really love that.

I think if you like how a mini look on you, then more than likely you would love this bag. if you prefer the M/L or jumbo typically, you should not settle but instead try to get the OM or NM size. I think that way you would be truly happy with it in the long run, after the hype over this particular bag dies down.

Hope this helps a bit.

I know what you mean!!! I am on the taller side (5'8") but when I first fell in love with Chanel over a year ago, I was about 2 sizes bigger than I am today. I remember that when I tried on the OM vs small, I really really like the look of the small but it didn't like me. :sad: Sort of the same thing with the rectangular mini (which I find to be pretty much equal in size and look as the small boy from the timeless classic look perspective. I thought the mini looked a bit toy-like on me at the time, however, I did feel that it's possible to pull either off but at that time, the OM was more "flexible" for my body type so I bought the OM back then and loved it.

Fast forward a few years now and I slimmed down a bit (health need - I hurt myself when I was younger and as I aged I suffer from back pain which I learned disappears when I kept my weight below a specific magic number!). I recently tried on the small So black boy and FELL completely in love with it. I was offered the OM size of this bag but decided that I love the small boy look so much that I kept the small size despite the hype over the OM size. Reasons I prefer it: it just looked much more sleek. The boy bag style is quite boxy, and the small size doesn't "stick out" as much so it's closer to the body and I really love that.

I think if you like how a mini look on you, then more than likely you would love this bag. if you prefer the M/L or jumbo typically, you should not settle but instead try to get the OM or NM size. I think that way you would be truly happy with it in the long run, after the hype over this particular bag dies down.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you, I have had a square mini in the past and it was the same situation as this which is why I didn't keep it. I feel my jumbo is so big and heavy but it does suit my body better. I think I may be leaning towards searching for other sizes.

Does anyone have any experience with the body/ size issues that may help my decision? Thank you :smile:View attachment 3680129
I have a small boy and also ordered the so black old medium boy, love both I use the small for cross body I still find the old medium cross body still a bit bulky and prefer it on the shoulder. It's just what you feel works best.