So Annoyed Seller Won't Send Shoes: Price Too Low or Only Worn Once???

WhitleyGilbert

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
I won a pair of Report Signature shoes on ebay on August 6th. Prior to winning the shoes, I emailed the seller and asked if she would accept an offer for them. They had a pretty low starting bid of around $10 so, I made an offer or $50. The seller declined and basically said that she wanted to sell the shoes for a higher price (around $100 or more). Fine with me. So I just watched the auction to see what happened... well, it only got a few bids and I ended up winning them for only $29.00.

I've lusted after these heels for a while and they're sold out everywhere. Obviously, I was happy to get them for a super bargain. I paid immediately and received an automatic email saying when the shoes would be shipped. So, I waited and waited and no shoes. After emailing the seller days later, I just waited and waited some more. Then I received a message on Tuesday evening...the 18th...practically 2 weeks later. It said that there was an error in the listing, the shoes were worn once, so she'll refund my purchase price. Although, she hasn't refunded me yet. Why not send the refund immediately after the lame excuse email?

I lurk the ebay section on this board a lot and read the silly stories. So, I'm pretty sure that she miraculously noticed that the shoes had been worn once, sure! It's not my fault that I won the shoes at that price. She clearly had no intention of selling the shoes when I won them and waited 2 weeks to even contact me.

I'm really annoyed and don't know what to do next. I did send her a message right after receiving hers and I asked for for pictures any flaws since they were only worn once, I could manage that for $29. Who knows what she'll say, if anything at all. I guess I just want to call her bluff. I really am just beyond annoyed aright now and unsure of what step to take next.

Please excuse my venting, but I would appreciate any advice.

I would just file an item not received claim on paypal and a non-performing seller report on ebay if you do not receive the shoes soon.

You could do something like this:

Dear seller:

You placed the shoes up for auction and you determined the starting price. I won the auction for $XX.XX. I paid for my shoes on 8/?/09. Please send me my shoes. If you fail to send me my shoes because you did not sell them for what you wished, I will file a non-performing seller report. Thank you.

Do not mention FB in your contact because she will claim FB extortion.

Yes you can send the seller an e-mail letting her know how disappointed

you are and that when you placed your bid you did enter into a legally

binding contract. Unfortunately, you can't make her ship the shoes to you.

You did win them fair and square and she should ship them to you at the price you paid for them.

But she is NOT NICE and she doesn't care .

So if she doesn't answer or ship your shoes, file a non-performing seller report.

AFter it is all resolved, then you can leave her the fb you want.

It's amazing how it's ok by sellers for them to pull out of a transaction with no consequences but as soon as a buyer doesn't pay and wants to pull out... Look out!!! Sellers are bound by the transaction as much as buyers are and should be reported for non performance just as buyers are reported for non payment.

Thank you all for your replies. You're all very helpful. I contacted the seller after noshoepolish's post, with a more detailed version of the message she posted here. The seller hasn't replied yet.

Where can I file a non-paying seller report on ebay? I'm searching for it on ebay and can't seem to find it.

It's amazing how it's ok by sellers for them to pull out of a transaction with no consequences but as soon as a buyer doesn't pay and wants to pull out... Look out!!! Sellers are bound by the transaction as much as buyers are and should be reported for non performance just as buyers are reported for non payment.

Exactly!

It's so frustrating. I hope ebay suspends this seller's account, just like they would a buyer who doesn't pay.

Thank you deekai and denimbarks.

I filed an "item not received" claim with paypal after my last post and today I received my refund through paypal. Also after reading your post, I followed your instructions and reported the seller to ebay. I don't think anything has come of it though. I checked her account today and she seems to still be selling things smoothly. In fact, she has the shoes that I won up for sale..... again. I reported them. Yet, nothing seems to have happened. How annoying!

Now, I'm off to leave her negative feedback.

Last edited:
If this is the first time she has done it she will get a warning from ebay, you won't see that. Her listings up now won't be affected nor would they stop her reselling the shoes. It's not like they will pull all her listing and suspend her if it's the first offence.

Ok, thanks for explaining Jaime. I didn't want her completely suspended or anything, but it does irk me to see the same shoes that she insisted were "used" after I won them, now listed as "new in box" again. I guess I just don't think they should be listed since, she clearly lied about them.