So Angry & Disappointed..

Evboobear

Feb 21, 2010
I'm new here, and I recently posted not too long about about looking for a Coach purse in a rare color for months. BF saved for weeks to try and get her for me during Christmas (backordered), and then tried for my Birthday ealier this month but Coach discontinued the color. I was amazed & grateful on how helpful the ladies on here were when I posted for help in finding her and then finally got lucky when I called JAX and suddenly they had 1 in.

I anxiously waited over the weekend for her to be in, and then today BF presented me with the box. He was so happy to have finally been able to order her for me.

I opened the box to find that JAX had sent me the exact purse that I have been anxiously waiting for, except she came with some unexpected bonus features...dirt streaks, stains, and it gets better, pen marks! She also had NO tags. I was so mad I actually started crying. BF felt terrible and started scrubbing the dirt off with a cleaner. When he realized the stains and pen marks weren't going to come off, he contacted JAX twice about what our options are (first time ordering over the phone) and is going to send her back tomorrow. I don't know yet if they will be able to replace her or not.

I am so disappointed, heartbroken, and angry. I keep telling myself that I'm overreacting, but wouldn't you be upset if you recieved a purse that looked like it had been run over? BF doesn't make a lot of money and this gift had sentimental value because it was the first Coach purse he has bought me.

Last edited:
do you have pictures? (curiosity)

if that happened to me i would be angry and disappointed too! i can't believe that jax would send a bag out in that condition but unfortunately if it is sold out it will be a bit difficult to find; and it sort of ruined that moment you were speaking of, the one where your BF did something totally sweet.

what bag is it? maybe you can find one in new condition on ebay..or they can hunt down a store that might still have it..

oh my gosh that is horrible, so sorry it happened to you. what a sweet bf you have though for going through the effort to get you a bag you want. it's really too bad that it was ruined by jax sending a bag that should not have been sent in the first place. hopefully they will bend over backwards to help you out. keep us posted!

This is completely unacceptable. Highly unprofessional. And I'd like to believe it is the exception rather than the rule.

Would you mind telling us the bag and color...we have some really savvy shoppers on this site that I know would love to help you find the bag--outside of Coach if need be--and within your budget.

She was the Groovy #13833 in Silver/Light Khaki/Platinum color. I will wait and see what they say about finding a replacement first before I start looking elsewhere, but thank you so much!! She is already packed to be shipped first thing in the morning, plus she is at my BF's house, so no pics. I thought about keeping her and posting on here for stain remover tips, but for full price..from Coach..I shouldn't have to do that. Its not like he bought her from eBay or second-hand.

She is a light khaki so the wear was very obvious, I think if it was a darker color or black I may have never noticed it. The hot pink interior had some crusts of dirt near the zipper, but most of the damage was on the outside. BF was very polite over the phone, I wouldn't have been. He did write a letter and included it in the box, but I didn't read it. I didn't want to talk about it once he put her up in the box.

Last edited:
That's a shame about that bag. Sounds like you have one special boyfriend...to have saved to buy you something special that you really wanted...way more valuable and important than the purse. Hope JAX can make it right and maybe give you a discount for the trouble and disappointment they caused.

^ its hard pressed to find that since it has been sold out for quite some time..when the OP revealed that as the bag i pretty much had nothing to say :x

i think, i'm not sure, and on the iphone its not as easy to check (screen too small for my eyes to navigate a page that big)

but there was an international customer looking for the second version (thats the first groovy) but in that same color combo..so if its the color combo that is more important to you OP, i would try and get the second version in that color combo..it could be in the asian/Australia market

let us know what jax says btw! i'm interested to hear..i've had a customer issue with them before and they were pretty dismissive on their side unfortunately, but suggested that i could do something for the customer, which i did.

He called twice and the 1st CS said they had none available, the 2nd CS said they had 1 instock. BF asked if they can hold it for him for the exchange, but she said no that he would have to purchase it. So if someone purchases the last remaining purse before my exchange goes through, he'll just be refunded. They made no further effort to help him. So I'm not sure if she will be replaced or not just yet. I had called twice after they discontinued the color and both times I was told there were none available. I have a feeling both of these purses were customer returns, I just hope the last one is in better condition.

Thank you everyone for posting, I know she is just a purse but gosh! I was totally not expecting that! ItaliaHairColor I appreciate the effort! I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that would be upset at something like this.

Does anyone know how much shipping they will refund? He got two prices, up to $15 and ther other said up to $30? He was going to try and overnight her. I made sure BF knew I wasn't upset at him! He is very special to me.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would be upset and angry too, especially considering the sentimental value attached to the bag.

Don't give up hope of finding your dream bag. It may appear when you least expect it. The outlets are kind of hit or miss, but have you tried contacting department stores such as Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor, etc.? Sometimes they still have items that have hit the outlets. My outlet had tons of Poppy bags a few weeks ago but they were flying off the shelves like hot cakes.

I'm not a Poppy fan so I can't say for certain that I saw the bag you're looking for, but my Macy's had a ton of Poppys (the very same bags that I had seen at the outlet a few days before) around Valentine's/President's Day weekend, although they were full price. From what I understand, if you get the Item#, Macy's can track the bag down for you and have it shipped to your home.

If all else fails you can search the web.

I hope this helps.