So ALL we own is LV, Gucci, Chanel?

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I own 80+ bags, but not one of the four brands you listed. And probably never will because I have never seen anything in any of them that speaks to me as an individual.

But I own 9 Lockhearts, 7 MbMK, 5 Belen Echandia, 4 Kooba, 3 Ignes, 3 Furla ... and whole slew of "one of" bags.

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
The Playground
i own Chanel, Coach, Dior, YSL and Fendi. I also have bags from Victoria's secret Pink, Nine West, Guess, Express, and Levi

Im so lazy in getting my bags for a groups photo. but one day i will

May 4, 2008
Darker, you're starting to 'whittle' .. you see, I'm older and I've already whittled! The nice Coach hobos went because they were too small, assorted others because they're too small, a beautiful Mulberry went because it was too heavy, ditto M. Kors too heavy, a Gryson went because of all those d--- straps, a Tods might go too because it's not quite deep enough.
WHAT'S LEFT? Several BV's which I love, a Chanel vintage zip-top for evening, two Cole Haan totes (exact same style, one black, one tan) for day errands, a great big Sportsac for airplane carryon, and a $10 R. Lauren plaid fabric thing from Ross! What a collection, yes??

Panda1

O.G.
Dec 4, 2008
There are subforums for each particular brand for people to post their pics. Maybe we need one general thread for people to post pics from any brand. I would be very interested in seeing a variety of purses plus having a general thread would save me the time from clicking into each subforum for pics.

dierregi

Maniaca delle borse
Jan 16, 2008
Brussels and Genova
**Please don't see this as a diss, but I feel the need to say something at this point**

I go over to the bag showcase thread every so often just to see what everyone's got going on, but all you see over there, in abundance, are:

Louis Vuittion
Chanel
Hermes
Gucci

It would be nice to see a showcase with "mid-level" or lesser known high end brands.. LV didn't put the stamp on elegance (or even the adhesive, but that's just my opinion)

Tod's anyone? Mulberry? Valentino? Jimmy Choo? YSL?
I would not call Tod's "mid level" but "top level". Their bags are very well made and also quite expensive - definitely up and even higher than Gucci IMHO, since Tod's specialties are leather goods. Prada is producing some fine stuff, too (also with the Miumiu and Car Shoes brands). There are plenty of postings in the sub-forums and many collections which do not feature any of the above mentioned bags.

Personally, I posted my collection more than once and I don't want to bore people, but I can do it again with pleasure :biggrin: Mine is mostly Tod's (several), with Prada, Car Shoes, Furla, Biasia and Gerard Darel (one each), and I consider it a very good collection missing nothing.....

bunny

Handbags R Us
Feb 2, 2006
London
Hi I dont believe that everyone on TPF only have high end brands in their collections. I only have 2 LV bags and one was a gift and I do not own any Chanels or equally high end bags. Most of my bags are unknown brands, usually purchased when I am on holiday in different countries and they are purchased based on me falling in love with them rather than if they are a high end brand. But like most people on TPF, I do love handbags and I get alot of pleasure admiring the variety in other people's collections and looking at bags that I could never afford but just like to admire.

angelicjulie

Handbags & Heels
O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
uk.ebid.net
I couldn't just stick to one brand, but I have to say my Mulberry's are definitely my fave and the first brand I go to have a browse when I'm looking for a new one. I have 2 Gucci's one I love, the other is ok (it's v small for everyday use). LVs were my passion once but that affair is long over. I'm defo a Mulberry girl at heart!! xoxo

Last edited:

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i own a ton of mj. no lv's or gucci's. i've posted my collection pics in the mj subforum since that's where i spend most of my time here on tpf. lv and gucci is very popular, so it makes sense the majority of collections depicted in the showcase include those brands. i suppose you'd have to wander into each individual designer subforums to see some more variety.