Tech Snow Leopard

I'm getting it! Apparently you can get 5 uses out of the CD so my sister's boyfriend is getting it from his job and all 5 of us (bro, sis, girlfriend, boyfriend, and myself) will be using it. I am excited@=!

Since I just got my new computer 2 weeks ago I might pay the $10 for the new OS

It's worth it to do that so that the next time a new OS comes out, you don't have to pay for a more expensive upgrade version (correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'upgrade' only works for the most recent OS? I could be completely wrong).

When I first got my MacBook Pro, a new OS came out about a month later and I paid my $10 and was glad I did. It's a very reasonable price to have the latest and most efficient version of the software.

Did anyone else get a dud disk today? My laptop slid off the ottoman in my living room twice this week (note to self - ottoman is not a table) and when I inserted the disk, it spun a few times, the computer didn't recognize it, spit it back out, and I thought I had broken the entire thing and flipped out. But I put a music CD in there and it recognized that disk, so I googled a bit and apparently mine wasn't the only bad disk. I took the upgrade back to Best Buy and switched it out. New one worked fine and the upgrade went without a hitch.

I ordered the DVD on Wednesday, got it yesterday mid-day. No issues here.

In order to upgrade though, I had to restart, holding 'c' to boot into the installer routine. Upgrading from within OSX didn't work for me.

It's worth it to do that so that the next time a new OS comes out, you don't have to pay for a more expensive upgrade version (correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'upgrade' only works for the most recent OS? I could be completely wrong).

When I first got my MacBook Pro, a new OS came out about a month later and I paid my $10 and was glad I did. It's a very reasonable price to have the latest and most efficient version of the software.

Oh I agree, my concern is more "will my CS3 still function as well" than cost though. I am buying CS4 within a month or so hopefully so maybe it's not that big of a deal???

Oh I agree, my concern is more "will my CS3 still function as well" than cost though. I am buying CS4 within a month or so hopefully so maybe it's not that big of a deal???

Ahh, yes, maybe wait then. For some reason I had heard rumblings of CS3 issues, I didn't read the whole article, though, and my Photoshop CS3 still works fine. If you're going to upgrade to CS4, I'd at least order the Snow Leopard upgrade while you can get it for a cheaper price and maybe just wait to install it?

^^I read an article about CS3 and some other programs possibly not functioning as well with snow leopard, but I think that the article I was reading was really just trying to bash Apple in any way that they could.

^^I read an article about CS3 and some other programs possibly not functioning as well with snow leopard, but I think that the article I was reading was really just trying to bash Apple in any way that they could.

they will get their update soon. always when there's a new OS there's something that doesn't work because it's a new environment for programs :smile: hope your now choosing to say no to sl just because of that

Before I actually upgrade to Snow Leopard I need to buy Office 2008, a new printer and wait for a few programs to release compatibility updates. So it's going to be a little while for me.