Snow Day!!!

We have snow and ice in DC/Maryland. I was let off early from work yesterday, and we had liberal leave today, so I took off. My mom works at the hospital though, and called me to ask for help since many of the employees didn't show up, so I've been at the hospital since early this morning working on and off.

It snow here today. Not so much snow but a lot of ice. Took me 2.5 hrs to get to work today and I live 20 mins away. I wish we got more snow.

Attachments

• Photo_021407_001.jpg
    Photo_021407_001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 17
i'm in the south jersey area, just outside of philly, and we just got a nice ice storm overnight. most schools & businesses are closed, but i'm still at work! it took me about a half hour to chip away the inch thick of ice on my car & then about 25 min to get to work. but hey, it's february in NJ & you just go about your day normally in this weather :sad:

Here in Lancaster, Ohio, today is the second day that all the schools have called off for a snow day. Outside we probaby have around 6 inches of snow and probably over 1 inch of ice.

We lost power last night at 9:55 and we didn't get power back until at least 10:30ish this morning. Me and my FH stayed up all night playing cards by candles and flashlights. :P

My basement daylight window~

DSC02868.jpg

My dog's pee pee path:smile:

DSC02872.jpg

We ended up getting about 10 inches with 1" of ice. We couldn't shovel the snow on my front porch as it was frozen. We had to break it up into "sheets", pick it up & move them. Ugh... Is it June yet!?

We have a little dusting of snow but not enough for a snow day :crybaby: I would have loved to have a snow day on Valentines so my hubby and I could have stayed home and watched movies and cuddled.
Oh well I guess we'll have to wait till tonight.:love:

Happy birthday to Ripley!

I'm in Canada and I have a snow day. My teacher is snowed in (she lives in Stoney Creek) so I don't have my class tonight.

There's no snow in downtown Toronto, but the wind chill is brutal!

Theres lots of snow here now:yucky: Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning and downtown harldy ever gets snow!

LOL, NO snow day for me - what's up with this? So not fair!!!

Not to mention my normal commute of 30 minutes turned into over 1.5 hours last night!!!! UGH, sucks working for family - HA! HA!

I did, the snowflakes were huge this morning! You could see how beautiful they were all by themselves. Just a little dusting around there.

:lol: Great pictures Acegirl!