Snooty Sa!!!

Aoibheann, good luck on your cles purchase. If he's there, give him a big smile, and hello, he's really shy so he may go a bit red!!! Hopefully, he'll be a bit nicer this time.

June and Avril are lovely too. Caroline is my regular SA, I believe she's the store manager. Actually, Ling May is also very helpful.

I really hope you get what you want. With the cles, you should get a dustbag, and ask for a box, there shouldn't be a problem.

Show us pictures of what you get!!

Enjoy!!

Kath

I'm sorry you have been treated like that, well, I had the similar experience like you when I paid for one of my LV bag in Cash. The SA did look at me differently like she has never seen Cash before. Anyway, the receipt didn't come with a nice card and no box neither.

wow that is an awful story!

I have learned quite a few things by visiting this forum -
1. I always ask for every item I purchased to be gift boxed. Then there is no question at to whether I receive a box or not.
2. If I dont get good service I wont buy it there.

I am a relatively new collector, but have several items now and I have only finally had good service while visiting a out of town LV near family. It was refreshing to have someone be pleasent and helpful.

So I guess my advice would be if you receive bad service leave, and come back another day and try another SA. Its your money and you should be treated with respect!

Kathleen37 - yes it was the French Guy.....Maybe I did catch him on an off day and should give him the benifit of the doubt!
Im hoping to go in again at the weekend to get a cles so we'll see.....

Thanks for everyones replies!

Aiobheann, I hope that your experience this weekend is much better than your previous one. But back to your previous post - even if he was having an "off day" he still should've treated you much better. His job is to work in retail, and he did a very poor job of customer service. I hope that you deal with someone else in the store, even if he attempts to *help* you. Make it known with your $ that you didn't appreciate his attitude.

And I'm glad that his horrible treatment didn't turn you off of LV entirely. Good luck getting your cles.

So sorry to read of your negative experience, but congratulations nevertheless on your bag purchase!

My first ever Louis Vuitton bag was the Monogram Canvas Sac Plat, and it was a 21st birthday gift from my mother. Because stocks were very low in Singapore I called a boutique before going to have one put aside for me, together with a gift box. The SA who served me on the phone was very obliging and helpful, and when I went to pick up the bag he had left for the day but his colleague was wonderful too. She was polite and friendly and helped with my questions, even though eventually the sale would go to the SA I first spoke with on the phone. My bag was gift boxed, wrapped with leather tie and she presented the receipt to me with both hands. She also threw in a copy of the latest catalogue when I casually asked if they happened to have any in stock. I had also wanted a luggage tag in the larger size but the store didn't have any, and she noted down my request and called me the day after to inform me that she had managed to find one from another store. Excellent service and experience with my first ever LV purchase!

Don't let this one bad incident put you off the brand and the other SAs, but do make it known to management that you weren't happy with the way you were treated. Personally, I would've told him off there and then and not bought anything from him.

Your sales associate should have "coddled" your interest LV bags!!! They should have realized that shopping is half of the fun!! The more fun you are having with their bags...the more you will return for future purchases!!! Not all associates are like this!!

I'm sorry you were treated so badly. That kind of behavior to customers is inexcusable. I do hope you mention the incident to the store manager. Every single customer should be treated well. The store should strive to earn your business and not the other way around.

Also, as several others have mentioned, you should request a large box for your Speedy. I have always received my receipt tucked inside one of those LV cards, which is then put into an envelope. I'm not sure if that's typical at all LV stores, though.

It really is a shame that the SAs don't work on commission... although there are other sales incentives, I think it would do a lot for some of the attitudes we see on the forum.

We just want to give them our money... should it really be this hard?!

I adore my SA and would love for him to benefit financially from my purchases as well.

Omg.. so sorry to hear about your experience
I used to buy off this one SA that was a huge snob with major attitude but I finally found a nice one. Hopefully next time you get a sweeter SA and can always go to them.
As for the box, I usually have to ask for my box and card thing. One time I didnt get a box but I didnt bother asking as I was traveling anyways.

Wow you were treated horribly! :O

I am - like some of the other reactors - also from Holland and there is only one LV store here, but for some the LV store in Antwerp, Belgium is closer. For me it's the one in Amsterdam and the first time I went there, there was such a LOVELY lady helping me pick my cabas mezzo, and the second time when I went for my damier koala wallet, I also had a really friendly guy helping me, but man the third time I was in the store for like 30 minutes without someone helping me, and I picked something and told the SA I wanted it, and she was like ok, and wrapped it up, I paid, and that was it. I really thought that was rude. But when it's the only store in your country, sometimes it just goes like that, unfortunately! :mad:

wow, i'm sorry he treated you and your dh that way. that SA's behavior was highly unacceptable, especially since you bought something and it was your first time. really, you shouldn't have to buy something to buy kindness in LV.

** two hugs for you and df.

before becoming an SA, does LVMH require some to take a class on "how to belittle, be rude, be inconsiderate, and treat LV customers like dirty pigs 101?" i'm just curious because i've read so many posts about disrespectful and shoddy SAs.

high-end buyers who purchase high-end products deserve high-end service!

So sorry to hear this but honestly it doesn't surprise me. I have also never been treated very nicely in an LV boutique but not horribly rude either (except for one time when that happened so i decided to go buy from another boutique).

The SAs I have come across are never helpful - they are extremely passive and just stand there and stare at me. I can never understand why I have to be the one trying to be nice to them, trying to smile to them and talk to them nicely...I'm so scared of the SAs in LV. Everytime I go in to buy something I have to ask my mom to go with me...that's how scared I am of them!!

I've always received an envelope for my receipt and so far I've always had to ask for a box - although once the box came without any leather straps or ribbons which I love but I only noticed it after I left the store already and didn't dare to go back to ask for it.

They aren't even nice to me when I make an actual purchase so I can't imagine how they will treat me if i go back and ask for a ribbon hahahaha.