Sneaky H Buyers

I've loved reading this post. Unfortunately I have to rely on my DH's credit card for all my Hermes purchases as I don't work (the obvious answer is to get a job, I know) so he knows the minute the tills go ker-ching. He knows all my H items anyway so he would spot a newcomer if I tried to slip it in. Luckily he is very generous - my Christmas present this year was a gold Kelly, so I'm not complaining! When I worked, I would hide everything and bring it out as 'oh, that old thing, had it ages' hee hee.

DH loves shopping so he's the one hiding things in every corner of the house. One time, he hid an expensive Montblanc pen under the bed (he pushed it so far in thinking that I'd NEVER see it - Duh?!). :wtf: :shocked: He didn't realized that I do clean and vacuum under our bed. Busted! Another time, he hid another purchase in his laptop bag. Duh?!! :amazed: I empty out his bag every now and then because he has a tendency to use it as a dumping ground.

A month or so ago, he secretly called my siblings who were heading overseas to pick up a few items from Ferragamo and Lacoste. He looked appropriately shocked when they called me to confirm his "order".

Btw you ladies ought to read the article in the NYT Sunday Styles section about how women are paying cash for their purchases to keep them below the radar.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/14/fashion/14CASH.html

This is so true, so me!!!!!! I never have to hide anything from my husband. I think being straight foward would is the best thing. Now, my kids!!! that's who I hide things from. As soon as I buy something the oldest says to me "Mom, I need to go to the mall and get some "Kicks" and a couple pairs of Jeans to" Why is it that they notice everything and just because you buy something they expect something to? :hysteric: What is this!

Another thing, my DH notices EVERYTHING!!!! He even calculates my PERIOD! Geesh! I have a stalker living with me!

my bf will notice.. he complains as to how my closet is full of "those darn bags" but recently, made a nice comment on my bolide, and then much more recently, after we had lunch at Trader Vic's commented on how I keep using the same bag (my dior messenger bag) and suggested that I use my other bags instead.. lol lol.. I wonder, should I take out the birkin now??? he might drop dead coz of a heart attack... except, i don't think he knows what a birkin looks like yet....

One time I was listening to the radio, and a lady who worked in a high-end boutique in LA said that many of her customers don't ask for nice shopping bags, but instead those cheap plastic ones the drycleaners use. Then they put their brand-new clothes in those and take those home so that's what their husbands see!

This is so true, so me!!!!!! I never have to hide anything from my husband. I think being straight foward would is the best thing. Now, my kids!!! that's who I hide things from. As soon as I buy something the oldest says to me "Mom, I need to go to the mall and get some "Kicks" and a couple pairs of Jeans to" Why is it that they notice everything and just because you buy something they expect something to? :hysteric: What is this!

Another thing, my DH notices EVERYTHING!!!! He even calculates my PERIOD! Geesh! I have a stalker living with me!

:wtf: :wtf: :roflmfao:

Is there no escape from DH's eagle eye/number crunching at all???:P