Snatched out of my hands :(

Just my 2 cents but I think it is irresponsible of some folks here to suggest that she keeps the bag. In my humble opinion it is not wise to go pissing off what's left of her relations just over a bag. Come on, it is just a bag, people!

Thank you everyone for your support and your kind words. I really appreciate it.

For those wondering WHO asked me to just end the drama and send the bag... it was my nice aunt who gave me the bag in the first place. As I stated in a previous post, she is the least confrontational woman I know. She was near tears when she asked me if I would mind just sending the bag to my cousin and that she would just buy me a new one when I come visit.

I'm not gonna lie - part of me wanted to just refuse to give up the bag and put up a fight. However, at the end of the day, I am close with the aunt who gave it to me and hate seeing her upset or stressed out. While her happiness certainly is not my responsibility, I would hate the idea of someone giving me a gift and being in trouble for doing so. At the end of the day, some of you are right... as much as I hate to say this, it really is "just" a bag, and a replaceable one at that. That is the reason I did not put up much of a fight. It didn't have much sentimental value at this point to neither myself nor my aunt. If it was something like it was her first LV that she bought in the 80's and she wanted me to have it... OF COURSE I would have put up a fight to keep it because of its sentimental value. But it was merely a bag that she had purchased for herself and realized it just wasn't right for her. If she were to give me another bag to reward me for my academic achievement, it would easily replace the sentimental value of this particular DE Speedy B 30. I would hope that in future, if I have any daughters or daughters in law or nieces, whoever I decide is the right one to hand down my first LV to would fight for it.

It's true - my cousin probably won't wear it well (if she even wears it at all) nor will either one of them take good care of the bag. It pains me only because I would hate to think of all the craftsmanship that goes into each and every LV going to waste. I think my wicked aunt is honestly just jealous that her younger sister has it better than her, good enough to the point where she can just give her niece a $1400 bag. In my opinion... it's just karma catching up to her. Not that my wicked aunt is poor or hurting for money really, but she and her husband do work a lot. They have barely spent much time together through the duration of their marriage because of it and while they can afford LV here and there, I think it's a bit difficult sometimes for them to do so. My nice aunt met and married a man who is so good to her, loves her dearly AND brings home a decent amount of money so once they had their sons, she was able to be a SAHM without worrying - and they can afford LV, but they don't flaunt it. Personally, I think it's karma. Seeing how all of this turned out and the way my nice aunt reacted, I'm sure wicked aunt bullied her the same way when they were kids. I haven't spoken to my cousin about the situation, but I do get the feeling that it was mostly her mom making a big fuss over this... she probably just wanted a free LV! Maybe she had been asking for the bag or something, I don't really know the situation.

You are all so awesome for your support. I really, truly appreciate it. And don't worry about wicked aunt (and possibly cousin) getting away with their bad behavior. When I am done with school and establish a career for myself, nice aunt and I will probably go on shopping sprees at LV - and trust me, I WILL be flaunting all of it in front of wicked aunt and she won't be able to say a darn thing!! :biggrin:

Oh let them have the bag.
Maybe they think it will make them better people.

You are the better person - by far.
I don't think I could have acted so graciously - well done to you.

Mark my words - you are going to get far in life.

I am really sorry to hear this dear but I believe you did the right thing by letting it go. If you love something set it free - if it was meant to be it will come back to you. I know that is used for relationships but it could work here. Just think when you finish school and begin your new career you can go out and purchase an LV brand spanking new from the boutique. God rewards a humble heart.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Wow.....I am so sorry you had to deal with that drama. Your bossy aunt sounds like a real ballsy peach, by her behavior.
Hugs to you and keep getting those straight As and working hard!

I am so sorry! I can't believe they made you give the bag to the other cousin. If it should have gone to anyone it should have just gone back to your aunt. :sad:

I'm very sorry but I am sure you will have many LVs in your future-

Hugs!

That's so lame. And also given the fact that your cousin even that close to your aunt anyway, what makes her think she's entitled to a nice gift from your aunt? I'm sorry :sad: look on the bright side, at least you still have your speedy mono. :smile:

Awwwww sweetie I am so sorry that this happened. It is absolutely ridiculous that you were asked to send them the bag. You are so deserving of it. Just keep it moving, you can't control other people's behavior. I am so proud of you for accepting the situation....as unfair as it is. You will be blessed for all of your hard work and selfless attitude. You are doing the right thing by focusing your energy on your own life...you will be able to buy any bag you want before you know it. I wish I could give you a big hug:hugs:

+1 Hugs to you OP! :hugs:

Aww. :smile: I just wanted to add, that's the reason I asked WHO asked you to send the bag to the cousin.. if it was the cousin or her mom, I'd of course say NO f-ing way lol.. but if it was the nice aunt then by all means, take comfort in that you did the right thing. And let her make it up to you with something else, if she can afford it. It would honestly help her feel better probably more than you. :smile: And in the end, karma is a good thing, as is a clean conscience. And not having a bag with bad mojo attached to it now is probably also a good thing :smile: And enjoy your relationship with your awesome aunt for years to come as you laugh at their pettiness, haha. Congrats on your winning outlook, and good luck!