Snatched out of my hands :(

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
Sigh.

I did a reveal here late last week of a DE Speedy B 30 that my aunt had given to me as a gift for getting straight A's. It was a bag she had bought for herself and used a few times before realizing it wasn't the right bag for her, so it had been sitting in her closet until she sent it to me. She and I have a great relationship - I'm kind of like the daughter she never had (she has two sons). Between my cousins and I, there are only two girls - myself and one female cousin. She's not into fashion or handbags or anything expensive for that matter. Her mom (my other aunt) got really upset when she found out that I was given an LV "just for getting straight A's" while her daughter "wasn't given anything" when she got straight A's once.

In a way, I understand where she is coming from, but in other ways I feel she just doesn't get it. My aunt did not go out and buy me this bag brand new just because I got straight A's. It was a bag that was merely collecting dust because she wasn't going to use it and she felt that giving it to me was a good way to at least get use out of the bag. My parents passed away when I was in high school and I have been taking care of my younger brother ever since. I finally got him standing on his own two feet so at 25 years old, I was finally able to go to college... which I am paying my own way through, btw. So this was a very big deal for me. My cousin, on the other hand, went to college straight out of high school and never had to worry about taking care of her younger brother. Her parents paid for all of her expenses, including tuition, and did not have to lift a finger. She has no interest in fashion and is very distant towards our aunt, while I am pretty close with that aunt and we share our love of fashion and designer handbags (she was the one who got me into LV in the first place).

Just to alleviate the drama between my aunts, I was asked to send my cousin the bag today. I have a lot going on right now with school and work, I don't need the extra drama in my life... so I gave it up without much of a fight. I am sad knowing that that beautiful, MIF Speedy B probably won't get used much and when she does, it'll probably be the other aunt using her rather than my cousin anyway even though it is now technically my cousin's gift.

My aunt feels so bad that this happened, especially because she didn't think it would be such a huge deal in the first place considering my cousin hates that kind of stuff. Who knows what really happened. She offered to take me to the LV store when I come visit in a few months to get me a bag of my choice, but I feel bad accepting such a big gift so I told her it's okay and not to worry about it. It was a rather generous gift just for getting straight A's and I only accepted the Speedy B in the first place because it wouldn't have gotten any use otherwise and it's not like she was spending any extra money by giving that to me.

I'm pretty heartbroken right now because I was so excited to have a carefree Speedy B. My Speedy B is mono so I have to baby her a little bit, but having it in DE pretty much solved all my problems. To make matters worse, my red purse organizer got delivered today. I ordered a red one to match the DE since I would have been using her more. :nogood::crybaby:

Sorry for writing you guys a novel, but I needed to vent somewhere. Has something like this ever happened to any of you??

Sigh.

I did a reveal here late last week of a DE Speedy B 30 that my aunt had given to me as a gift for getting straight A's. It was a bag she had bought for herself and used a few times before realizing it wasn't the right bag for her, so it had been sitting in her closet until she sent it to me. She and I have a great relationship - I'm kind of like the daughter she never had (she has two sons). Between my cousins and I, there are only two girls - myself and one female cousin. She's not into fashion or handbags or anything expensive for that matter. Her mom (my other aunt) got really upset when she found out that I was given an LV "just for getting straight A's" while her daughter "wasn't given anything" when she got straight A's once.

In a way, I understand where she is coming from, but in other ways I feel she just doesn't get it. My aunt did not go out and buy me this bag brand new just because I got straight A's. It was a bag that was merely collecting dust because she wasn't going to use it and she felt that giving it to me was a good way to at least get use out of the bag. My parents passed away when I was in high school and I have been taking care of my younger brother ever since. I finally got him standing on his own two feet so at 25 years old, I was finally able to go to college... which I am paying my own way through, btw. So this was a very big deal for me. My cousin, on the other hand, went to college straight out of high school and never had to worry about taking care of her younger brother. Her parents paid for all of her expenses, including tuition, and did not have to lift a finger. She has no interest in fashion and is very distant towards our aunt, while I am pretty close with that aunt and we share our love of fashion and designer handbags (she was the one who got me into LV in the first place).

Just to alleviate the drama between my aunts, I was asked to send my cousin the bag today. I have a lot going on right now with school and work, I don't need the extra drama in my life... so I gave it up without much of a fight. I am sad knowing that that beautiful, MIF Speedy B probably won't get used much and when she does, it'll probably be the other aunt using her rather than my cousin anyway even though it is now technically my cousin's gift.

My aunt feels so bad that this happened, especially because she didn't think it would be such a huge deal in the first place considering my cousin hates that kind of stuff. Who knows what really happened. She offered to take me to the LV store when I come visit in a few months to get me a bag of my choice, but I feel bad accepting such a big gift so I told her it's okay and not to worry about it. It was a rather generous gift just for getting straight A's and I only accepted the Speedy B in the first place because it wouldn't have gotten any use otherwise and it's not like she was spending any extra money by giving that to me.

I'm pretty heartbroken right now because I was so excited to have a carefree Speedy B. My Speedy B is mono so I have to baby her a little bit, but having it in DE pretty much solved all my problems. To make matters worse, my red purse organizer got delivered today. I ordered a red one to match the DE since I would have been using her more. :nogood::crybaby:

Sorry for writing you guys a novel, but I needed to vent somewhere. Has something like this ever happened to any of you??

Wow! I feel so bad for you. I agree not worth the drama but also fair to you at all. Your Aunt wanted you to have the bag. The whole situation is not fair to you or the sweet Aunt who gave it to you. I really am so happy for you getting such wonderful grades that is amazing and I know really hard work! Congrats! You deserve the entire LV store for that:smile:

So sorry this happened to you! Not to sound mean but your other aunt and cousin sound like spoil brats! They shouldn't be rewarded for their behavior and given the bag. What your aunt did was a very nice gesture and if they can't handle it then that is their problem. Sorry, I am a behavior management consultant so rewarding bad behavior really irks me. Sorry OP but you can at least take pride in the fact that you are a much bigger and stronger person than they are! Keep getting those A's and one day you will be able to afford a closet full of LV!

Whoa. You are a truly selfless person. I'd throw a tantrum and probably refuse to send the bag...or maybe I'd go buy a fake one and send her that.

No offense, but what's up with your fairy godmother aunt giving into the wicked aunt like that? Did she owe her money or something? If I were your aunt, I'd tell my sister to kiss off, I can do whatever I want with my money and my stuff.

Whoa. You are a truly selfless person. I'd throw a tantrum and probably refuse to send the bag...or maybe I'd go buy a fake one and send her that.

No offense, but what's up with your fairy godmother aunt giving into the wicked aunt like that? Did she owe her money or something? If I were your aunt, I'd tell my sister to kiss off, I can do whatever I want with my money and my stuff.

Yup I agree. Sorry to hear this OP. I hope it gets resolves soon. No drama is worth your time.

So they were upset you got the bag so you sent it to them?? Not back to your aunt who gave it to you in the first place?? That makes no sense! Your aunt shouldn't have asked you to return it, I mean what did your cousin do to deserve it?? 😡 wow. That's really mean and if I were you I wouldn't have given up that easily.

whoa. You are a truly selfless person. I'd throw a tantrum and probably refuse to send the bag...or maybe i'd go buy a fake one and send her that.

No offense, but what's up with your fairy godmother aunt giving into the wicked aunt like that? Did she owe her money or something? If i were your aunt, i'd tell my sister to kiss off, i can do whatever i want with my money and my stuff.
+1

Oh no :sad: I would be heart broken also.. I'm sorry you went through this, but you sound like such a responsible and strong girl, one day you'll be able to buy yourself EVERYthing u want, and it'll feel sooo much better... Xoxo best wishes..

Terribly rude actions by all 3 of the other people. Not worth the time you have given it. So very sad, that people act like this. Keep up the good work at school. Sounds like you have your head on straight. Good for u!!

Wow! I feel so bad for you. I agree not worth the drama but also fair to you at all. Your Aunt wanted you to have the bag. The whole situation is not fair to you or the sweet Aunt who gave it to you. I really am so happy for you getting such wonderful grades that is amazing and I know really hard work! Congrats! You deserve the entire LV store for that:smile:

Aw thank you! Hahaha the whole LV store... I could only dream of such...

So sorry this happened to you! Not to sound mean but your other aunt and cousin sound like spoil brats! They shouldn't be rewarded for their behavior and given the bag. What your aunt did was a very nice gesture and if they can't handle it then that is their problem. Sorry, I am a behavior management consultant so rewarding bad behavior really irks me. Sorry OP but you can at least take pride in the fact that you are a much bigger and stronger person than they are! Keep getting those A's and one day you will be able to afford a closet full of LV!

ITA! Rewarding bad behavior irks me very much as well and I personally do not believe that they deserved the bag and normally I would be more adamant on keeping it myself, but I jus have a lot going on and my phone constantly going off about all this just isn't worth it.

I would probably have put up a bigger fight if I didn't have so many other things going on for me right now. My brother is going through some hard times and I'm taking summer classes, might be getting a second job. I am almost tempted to run back to the post office to cancel it haha 😅

Oh, P.S. -- You are too funny!! Fairy godmother aunt is the young sibling of the two and she is one of the least confrontational people ever. She will avoid it at all costs if she could. She lives near wicked aunt near Washington DC - who is very confrontational - whereas I live about a four hour drive away from them so it would stress her out a lot.

So they were upset you got the bag so you sent it to them?? Not back to your aunt who gave it to you in the first place?? That makes no sense! Your aunt shouldn't have asked you to return it, I mean what did your cousin do to deserve it?? 😡 wow. That's really mean and if I were you I wouldn't have given up that easily.

Yeah, it's unlike me to give it up as easily as I did. The mean aunt felt like my cousin deserved it because she had gotten straight A's once or twice in college and even when she graduated she didn't receive a gift "of that magnitude". So dumb because my cousin doesn't even like designer things, but for whatever reason they decided to cause drama over this. Sigh.

Oh no :sad: I would be heart broken also.. I'm sorry you went through this, but you sound like such a responsible and strong girl, one day you'll be able to buy yourself EVERYthing u want, and it'll feel sooo much better... Xoxo best wishes..

Thank you for your kind words! That is exactly what I'm hoping to accomplish when I'm all done with school!