Snappy Comebacks To Those "IRL" Questions?

ichelle

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Morning all!

Brought this up in another thread and thought I'd start its own...

I was wondering what kind of remarks you tell folks when asked those 3 words, "Is that real?!"

I ask because I carry my Sophie and wonder, due to the fact that it is rarely seen carried, when I will eventually get asked that question. And if so, I'd like to have a witty response ;).

So share please! What do you guys say? :idea: I'm sure you can always brush it off with, "it's none of your business," or a plain "yes" but I'd love to hear other more "creative" statements :biggrin:

:heart: Mich

Do you really say that, DeluxeDuck? If so, what reactions do you get??

I have only ever been asked once by a stranger, and I just mumbled a "yes".

Other times I've been asked by acquaintances at uni (friends don't ask :P) and I just say "no" :lol:

Sorry can't help you with creativity!

haven't really got a comment, I think a simple 'yes it is' is classy enough, getting witty or rude just makes a person look like an ass in my opinion.

This woman who teaches at my son's school asked me if my mono speedy 30 was real, or rather did I get it on ebay, since she knows I ebay, and I said I got it from eluxury and she doubted it's authenticity which made me so annoyed. She asked where they get the bags and I said Louis Vuitton is that right? Or do they have a separate warehouse? Whatever, the point was she was thinking my bag I got my elux was fake which was so irritating~ She's gotten gucci though from elux, pita person!

"As real as my breasts, darling!" :graucho:

Edit: umm, obviously this only works if your boobs are real and you're a girl .... hmmm, and I wouldn't pull it with complete strangers on the street