Snap button on Jumbo flap BROKEN?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was just taking a look at the snap button on my jumbo flap and realized that the snap button on both sides have cracked!! I am so shocked because I never even use that snap closure.. I usually just buckle with the logo toggle lock. Can someone please advise whether this is common or what may have caused it? I am aware it can probably be fixed but the country I live in has no Chanel boutique so that may be a problem. Although I'm not desperate to get it fixed, but will it FALL OFF if I leave it? SO WORRIED PLEASE HELP :sad: :sad: :sad:

Attached Files:

2. Oh yikes! So sorry to hear. I would be just as shocked as I always leave those buttons alone as well. This might sound bizarre but could it be the climate of where you live that might have caused this to crack?

I would definitely contact where you bought the purse from to see what they could do. Good luck!

3. I bought it from an online seller so they're not the officials hence I doubt anything could be done, I'm just worried about it falling off! Any tips on storing the flaps? Maybe my room is too humid that caused this? I have no idea! :sad: Hope this doesn't happen to my other flap!

4. #4 Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I had this happened on one of my flaps, only one side though not both. I left it as was for quite a while before sending off to repair. It will not fall off don't worry. I never button up the second flap anymore even when storing my bags.

5. Thanks for that! I never even used that button I think... too hard to close. Have a good night :smile:

6. I don't close my button flap too...I would not worry to much...if it does not interfere I would delay fixing it...

7. :shocked: I don't use the button either, but I would be absolutely furious if this happened. ESPECIALLY since I don't USE it!
    Unacceptable for the amount of $$ we're paying for these flaps. :nono:

8. Get some coal and keep it in your bags ( wrap it in tissue ) and it will suck all the humidity out from hurting your bags. I have this in maui.

9. This is an excellent idea for those in humid climates! Thank you for suggesting this!

10. I agree, I wouldn't worry-- even if it did fall off, it's not like the hole would close up-- they will probably have to take it off anyway to fix it!

11. Would a dehumidifer work the same? I might just turn it on for a few hours with my closet (where my bags are) door opened. :\