Snakeskin - good, bad or just plain ugly?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I find myself strangely drawn to and yet repelled by snakeskin.

I'm thinking of purchasing a snakeskin bag to see if it can work with my wardrobe. What are your thoughts on snakeskin? and for those who own bags with snakeskin, is it high maintenance? :flowers:

2. You know, I felt that same way about getting married.

But, seriously, I don't really care for it even though I have had accessories in snakeskin. It always ended up looking dry and flaky.

3. I have a huge huge phobia about snakes so the whole idea of snakeskin just turns me off completely. I feel the same way about alligator or crocodile skin too. I don't want to be reminded that some animal died for my purse.

It's strange to me that I can eat steak and feel no qualms but would never eat a cat or dog or horse. I was a vegetarian for a year but did not stick with it. Peggy

4. Eh, snakeskin is okay to me, in small quantities. I wouldn't go for a huge bag, made entirely of snakeskin. Maybe a normal bag with snakeskin accents.

It's sort of weird, isn't it? It was once alive, and now it dangles of your arm.

5. Bad. Durability issues make it a real problem, and when it gets ugly, it gets REALLY ugly.

6. I like bags w/ snakeskin trim but not the whole bag..I don't even really know how to care for it? It would probably be much of a hassle!

7. I love snakeskin, but not python print snakeskin.

I saw a gorgeous Ferragamo clutch in gold snakskin the other day, about $720.

8. I love python, but I'm afraid of the peeling in humid weather.

9. I have to agree with the durability issues. It does dry out and flake. Alligator on the other hand is very durable.

10. I have a python bag from Prada - its great! No probs with it whatsover and its really soft too!

11. To me its really just plain ugly:yucky: Sorry.

12. I like the look of it, but not touching it

13. I'm sooooo afraid of snakes, I couldn't imagine having snakeskin anything.:throwup: I bet tonight, I'll have a nightmare about snakes:sad:

14. Python, for example, is incredibly durable, dispite it's fragile appearance.

15. True, the tanning methods allow them to achieve a very supple skin. The new methods are incredible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice