Snake Skin Bags

Sarajane - How cool that you have family in Houston. That's where I grew up and my parents are still there!! I know what you mean about the freeways. When I hit the outskirts of Houston, I turn into a real bit#@ driver!! I love to go the Galleria there!! Beautiful shops!!
Oh now I feel a kinship - I am keeping my fingers crossed for your red Mabel!!!

Kroquet - you are so sweet. My lot are a typical Irish family, we sure do love to spread across the globe. They were all neatly in one place - so much easier for visits - but have now scattered to Houston, Baton Rouge, and North Carolina. Makes trying to visit a nightmare!
Last time DH and I were in Houston we were on the road by 5.30am so we could avoid the traffic as we knew we'd have no chance of finding the right road otherwise!
We've done two road trips now - New York to Florida and Houston to Miami - just amazed we ever found our way.
Coming back to New York soon, my fave city ever...just the place to be swinging a red Mabel!!

You really need that Red Mabel!!! Gotta love that Louisiana food!! Told my son last night that Christmas dinner would be a big pot of shrimp ettoufe! I thought he would come thru the phone!!! Never have gone to NYC -can't talk DH into going. I did get him to Kauai last month for vacation, though! Lovely trip!!

Kroquet - I've just been on the phone to the Shepton outlet about the red Mabel. They haven't got in one at the moment but are getting them through - about £200 under RRP.
Oh heck, I think there may well be a Mabel under my tree on Christmas morning and my bank account will be emptier!

My DH just loves Lousiana food - my cousin is married to a Louisiana 'coon ass' who makes a mean gumbo! Not my kind of thing but DH swoons...

This is Texas, you know. All the men wear boots and we all have horses in our yard!! ha ha! We are also all full of shXX!!!!

Spent some time at Texas A & M vet school in the equine department and was amazed to see REAL COWBOYS - boots, the hat, the horse - wow!!! The lecturers thought my English accent was very quaint!
Crikey- was it hot though!

I spent a few days in Austin, Texas around Thanksgiving a few years ago..It was great the food,the massive cars with strange no. plates and it was amazingly warm for November.Would love to go back some day

Jo - my brother has his medical practice in College Station , so we will be going to Aggieland at Christmas!! He used to always wear these denim overalls and a maroon shirt to the football games!!!
aine- I lived in Austin for years - lovely city and lots of fun.
We live in San Antonio now and for the past 6 years as my DH was transfered. Love it, but it is sooo hot in the summer. Cold and wet today though. A good day to stay in and take peeks at my new bag, before she's wrapped!

SJ -can't they take your name down for that Mabel????

There was an antique oak Mabel at Bicester which I think was about £450, beautiful but heavily marked due to the nature of the leather.

There was also a stunning chocolate snakeskin Brooke which looked lovely from afar but when you touched it eeeuurrrchh -it just gave me the judders.

It was reduced to £495 and as you opened the flap the skin crinkled and looked 'loose'. I think this is a property of snake skin but it just begged to be ripped on its first outing.

xx