Snake leather

Wilx

Sep 19, 2020

Should I buy a bag of snake leather or consider some other type of leather for daily use?

Hello!

I have a question about bags that are made of snake leather (in particular I’m talking about Versace's DBFG985D3PML that you can see on the picture above)

Is it true that bags from snake leather are afraid of sun? Does it mean that a person shouldn’t wear them during the day?

Is it true that they don’t like spilled alcohol as well?

What about rain though? ️

I live in Latvia, it’s raining all the time here

Also what about the winter? Not talking about the Italian one, but about a winter with high humidity like in Latvia (it’s feels quite cold here even if it’s only few degrees below zero)

Eventually my main question comes to this: how pragmatic this bag will be? Is it a good choice for daily use going from home to work and back? And how long it will serve my girlfriend if it will be used that often?

Asking all these questions just because I’m buying it for my girlfriend for a daily use, don’t know much about the leather, so your help would be appreciated

Snake is not the best daily driver since the scales can peel up as well. I only have snake for evening bags - so mine get light use. Not sure about the rain and humidity - but it is more delicate than a pebbled or grained leather.

and another