Snaffle bit scarf ring - how to use?

aprilmei

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I bought another scarf ring yesterday; it's in the shape of a snaffle bit (can't post a pic of it because I'm incompetent with a digital camera, but here's a link of what it looks like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snaffle_bit - the scarf ring looks like the illustration of "parts of a snaffle bit" except one end of the scarf ring has two loose circles, rather than one). The SA showed me how to use it but now I can't remember! Does anyone know?
And is this ring new? I've never seen it before.
TIA

Yes this is a new scarf ring, i just bought it last week. it only comes in silver. i can't give directions to use it, but I use it as a belt buckle with a scarf I bought.

Yes, I'll use it as a belt, if I can figure it out. I know how to use the side with two rings. But the large, single ring on the other side puzzles me - do I simply tie that side of the scarf into a knot?

You can use it as the centrepiece of a scarf, folding the scarf into a long rectangle and then tying the ends behind with the snaffle bit in front. I hope that makes sense ... I don't have one so can't illustrate... You can also use it roughly the same way as the oval scarf ring with the bar in the centre - they function pretty much the same way except this one is a bit bigger.

Yes, I'll use it as a belt, if I can figure it out. I know how to use the side with two rings. But the large, single ring on the other side puzzles me - do I simply tie that side of the scarf into a knot?

I tie one end of the folded scarf to the one ring end. I tuck the excess under the scarf. The two ring end slip the other end of the scarf in and double back under one of the rings. It can be tightened by the double ring end.
I hope this makes sense?