SNAD Fendi Spy Bag :(

Thank you! I went through the Resolution Center originally to do this, so that's confusing. Giving eBay a call right now.

edit: 49 minute wait time. -_- Dunno if I'll ever use eBay again.

Make sure the rep that you speak with knows that this is not a "Hassle free return."

Instead, tell them it's an "Initiated return."

Good luck.

Thank you! I went through the Resolution Center originally to do this, so that's confusing. Giving eBay a call right now.

edit: 49 minute wait time. -_- Dunno if I'll ever use eBay again.
I think that you did what ebay wanted you to do. Ebay will force the seller to take the return and will charge them for the return shipping label. You'll get what you wanted without having to open a case. It saves ebay money and time to not have a rep look at the case.

So far I've been transferred between 2 reps, and now waiting on a supervisor. But so far I'm being told with this new policy a case isn't even opened anymore until after 3 days. Which is super frustrating that it has to be 3 "business days". In my case 5 days, because of the weekend. So, Tuesday. Basically it gives seller and buyer a chance to "talk it out", even though I gave the seller the courtesy of messaging her before pursuing any sort of case against her. To which she flat out told me no.

The rep just spoke with her supervisor for us(?) and it's a strict 3 business day wait, and then it can be escalated. Once that happens I can attach photos. This new policy is rubbish...

Update. There was no option to escalate the "return" I started yesterday. I spent hours on hold, twice yesterday to reach a regular rep and the escalation reps. None of them seem to have a clue about this new policy, it has been frustrating. After the second attempt however, I was able to escalate this return and eBay got involved and said they would get back to me within 48 hours. Well, called again today and they immediately updated the Claim to where I can return the bag to the seller. I was told I would receive a shipping label, but then an hour later I received a message from eBay saying the info about that was wrong, because I live in Alaska. Bummer. So we have to pay to return, kind of annoying, because of flat rate boxes? But, whatever, I'm willing to dish out the money to get this poor excuse of a bag out of my house and life. I will be mailing it off tomorrow. I have still heard nothing from the seller.

The rep also said that once the bag is delivered the seller has 3 days to issue a return, and if she doesn't they have to step in again. This feels like a ridiculously drawn out process over something this simple. I feel really sorry for the sellers out there that are dealing with buyers abusing the heck out of this SNAD thing, but it really isn't fair to buyers like me either. I will never spend so much on eBay again, it is not worth the time and frustration, in my opinion.

And never trust what the eBay reps say, I find they are frequently wrong, and will do whatever it takes to get you to hang up the phone.

Edit: Also, I just realized that it is ODD that they don't require any evidence like photos for these cases??? That is plain scary!

Sorry for the length!

Update. There was no option to escalate the "return" I started yesterday. I spent hours on hold, twice yesterday to reach a regular rep and the escalation reps. None of them seem to have a clue about this new policy, it has been frustrating. After the second attempt however, I was able to escalate this return and eBay got involved and said they would get back to me within 48 hours. Well, called again today and they immediately updated the Claim to where I can return the bag to the seller. I was told I would receive a shipping label, but then an hour later I received a message from eBay saying the info about that was wrong, because I live in Alaska. Bummer. So we have to pay to return, kind of annoying, because of flat rate boxes? But, whatever, I'm willing to dish out the money to get this poor excuse of a bag out of my house and life. I will be mailing it off tomorrow. I have still heard nothing from the seller.

The rep also said that once the bag is delivered the seller has 3 days to issue a return, and if she doesn't they have to step in again. This feels like a ridiculously drawn out process over something this simple. I feel really sorry for the sellers out there that are dealing with buyers abusing the heck out of this SNAD thing, but it really isn't fair to buyers like me either. I will never spend so much on eBay again, it is not worth the time and frustration, in my opinion.

And never trust what the eBay reps say, I find they are frequently wrong, and will do whatever it takes to get you to hang up the phone.

Edit: Also, I just realized that it is ODD that they don't require any evidence like photos for these cases??? That is plain scary!

Sorry for the length!

I think they do require photos if your seller intervenes and states otherwise. If she doesn't say a peep, it is automatically in your favor (they just assume that she admits her fault). I am pretty sure that is what happened, as I am also pretty sure your seller knows that if she tries to dispute your accusations, your pictures would basically seal her fate anyways. I think she's just trying to be vindictive and letting you take this longer route to getting, which would have been, a simple return.

Thanks again for all advice, and support! I received my refund after the bag was delivered to my seller. I haven't left feedback yet, and I'm leaning towards Negative (my first neg ever to be given). Because of her deception, declining my refund request, and then making me wait so long for eBay to get involved etc. Not sure what to put since characters are so limited to make the point about my experience.

I spent more shipping the bag back to her than she did to me, because I actually paid for Insurance and Signature Confirmation. Lesson learned! :P

If you do decide to leave feedback, do NOT mention ebay getting involved. That will get the feedback removed.

"Beware! Bag rec'd in trashed condition with holes yet described as good condition."

Thanks again for all advice, and support! I received my refund after the bag was delivered to my seller. I haven't left feedback yet, and I'm leaning towards Negative (my first neg ever to be given). Because of her deception, declining my refund request, and then making me wait so long for eBay to get involved etc. Not sure what to put since characters are so limited to make the point about my experience.

I spent more shipping the bag back to her than she did to me, because I actually paid for Insurance and Signature Confirmation. Lesson learned! :P
How frustrating for you. It looks like Ebay is trying to come up with a better returns system but it's hard to navigate when they have no information on their site about how it actually works!!