Smoothies

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just had some dental work done, and am on a "soft food only" diet for the next couple of weeks. I'm a very picky eater, so it's been hard. I feel like everything is sugary and not really nutritious.

Does anyone have any good smoothie recipes? I particularly LOVE peanut butter, so recipes with that would be great. I can't eat peanut butter alone because it's too sticky but diluted in a smoothie would be fine.

2. I don't have any with peanut butter, but I frequently make fruit smoothies. I use frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, and a bit of juice... if I have bananas then I throw one in as well. I don't use ice, since it just waters it down. If you use frozen berries then it's nice and thick and there's no need to use ice. I don't measure, since I make them so often, but once you start doing it you'll figure it out.

3. my 4 kids drink smoothies every morning before school. They also use frozen berries, yogurt, bannanas, and OJ. I hope you recover soon!

4. If you wanted something more savory instead of sweet, you could try creamy soups. I often make smoothies for the kids to have with breakfast, too, but they are definitely sweeter and based on fruits (pineapple is our "secret" ingredient - it makes them so much better).