"Smooth Touch"

Indiana

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I'm wondering if anyone has the Ant in navy smooth touch leather? I've seen it in the shop, and although I really like the colour, the strap and the hardware, I'm not so sure about the leather. Does anyone have it, and if so, how does it look after a few outings?

I talked to a lovely young SA (young man! :nuts:) in New Bond St about this recently, I was admiring it as it looked a bit sharper and more urban than the NVT, and he said the leather is softer and thinner and, for example, would show the imprint of sharp edged objects like keys through the bag.

I had been considering it - the hardware was lovely - but in the end decided to go for a black NVT Ant as I thought it would be a bit more robust and hardwearing.

Yes, I'm sure you're right, Tortie. And I see from the spreadsheet that it's due to be reduced by 30% in the sale, so presumably the NVTs will hold their value - as well as their shape - better. I suppose that the smoothy might be OK with a bagliner though.

No opinion on the Ant - although I saw the khaki one in the men's section on .com and really liked the look of it.

Have to say though that I love your new avatar with your handsome boy in it...:love:

Indie I think he also said it would be more vulnerable to scratches. It was very nice looking though.

mssw I have a beady eye on that Khaki Ant too. About the only upcoming Mulberry that I do like! It would depend on what the colour looks like IRL (also it looks to have my fave Gunmetal HW) but it could go great with my Barbours. The "Moss" Ant in the Bicester outlet was so disappointing, a sicky kind of yellowy lime :throwup: and stayed on the rack while the last of the Graphite ones flew away.

Yours looks lovely, Blueberry! And I do think you're right, heavy grain would be much nicer than smooth, both in the short and long term. Has yours got silver hardware, and what year/season is it?