Smooth Leather vs Pebbled Leather??

discomom

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Hello Ladies..
Looking at the possibility of owning a Celine luggage.. is smooth leather hard to take care of?? and does it hold up ok for future years? or is it good to look for pebbled leather instead? I own Chanel purses.. and i've preferred Caviar vs Lambskin for that same reason. Just cant make up my mind..

Smooth leather :
1. Give a luxurious look like the lambskin for chanel.
2. More prone to scratches.
3. Hold its shape better overtime.

Pebbled leather :
1. Low maintenance.
2. Slouches easily overtimes as its softer than smooth leather.

I hv always wanted a pebbled luggage as my first but eventually I settled for a smooth leather cos I couldnt resist the luxurious look of it. Most of my chanels are caviar & distressed leather though :smile:

Hope you get something that you like and comfortable in using it. Stressing over the use of an expensive bag is the last thing you want it to happen.

Last edited:
Smooth leather :

Pebbled leather :
1. Low maintenance.

I hv always wanted a pebbled luggage as my first but eventually I settled for a smooth leather cos I couldnt resist the luxurious look of it. Most of my chanels are caviar & distressed leather though :smile:

Hope you get something that you like and comfortable in using it. Stressing over the use of an expensive bag is the last thing you want it to happen.
Thought the same way too! Couldn't resist getting the smooth leather!

I thought smooth leather is more durable than Chanel lambskin and any scratches can be sensibly buffed off with the leather lotion?

I think you are right...! Funny how i felt the same way.. just had hear or (read) from someone.. My Hermes' jypserie is clemence and so i do have some pebbly leather and they are softer so they crease more than the harder leather. Good point all around..
Thank you for your advise! Now time to pull the trigger.. :sweatdrop:

Smooth leather :

Pebbled leather :
1. Low maintenance.

I think you are right...! Funny how i felt the same way.. just had hear or (read) from someone.. My Hermes' jypserie is clemence and so i do have some pebbly leather and they are softer so they crease more than the harder leather. Good point all around..
Thank you for your advise! Now time to pull the trigger.. :sweatdrop:

Smooth leather :

Pebbled leather :
1. Low maintenance.