Smooshy-ness factor: DGG vs Cervo

lesibly

Jun 17, 2008
Hello Belenistas! I'd like to know from those of you who have both the dark grey glossy leather and the cervo lux leather... AFTER they're broken in - how do they compare on the smooshy-ness scale? I guess my question is - could you describe them? Is one smooshier than the other? Is one softer than the other? And, durability too - I know both are rather durable, but is one more so than the other? Oh, and which one is more lightweight?

Thanks so much!!!

I only have the Cervo but can tell you that it is the ultimate soft and smooshy BE leather on delivery and gets slightly softer with use. It resists surface stratching and seems quite durable. It might be a tiny bit heavier than their standard Matte leather.

Cervo is definitely the smooshiest (??) BE leather. Like Jenova says, it is definitely heavier than the glossy and the matte.

I'd say crash and glossy leather is lightest, then matte and finally the cervo leather at the other end of the weight spectrum.

You know, finzup is the one gal I can think of who has both the grey glossy (TME midi, maybe?) and the medium Hug Me in milk choc glossy. She'll be the best to answer this question very specifically.

I can reply back in a few weeks or sooner, depending on when the TME bespoke for the choco glossy (cervo) is done and arrives. I have dark grey glossy- think it is technically labeled as the extra glossy on the BE leather page though, looks the same.

I can say the glossy leather weighs nothing. Mine has broken in really well.

Here is a brand new grey glossy, empty:

DSCF0249.jpg

Broken in grey glossy (filled w/ items too!):

DSCF0309.jpg

The Cervo leather (I have the large Black glossy Cervo Hug Me) arrives in a puddle of glorious smooshiness!

The only bags in my collection that are a "tad" softer are my Prada leather Gauffre and my BV Veneta.

^^^ yes, I was referring to the dark grey extra glossy which is definitely glossier than the petrol.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Kinda confirms what I've guessed - regardless, I think the cervo will be just heavenly!