smooshy black twiggy and city on ebay!!!

I really, really hope you can get this resolve. I would think if the seller is honest and you gave her the proper documentation she would take the bag back and give you a refund, but maybe that asking too much of the seller. Good luck and keep us posted!

fiatflux said:
Thanks so much Mimz - that really helps (and yes, I paid w/Paypal & credit card).

LivinLuxuriously - I explained upthread the reasons why the bag is definitely fake as well.

:shame: I commented before I saw that:shrugs: . I hope this seller does good by you :shame:

I'm so sorry about this! Especially because soon after the bag was listed, I asked the seller specifically for pics of the strap and never heard from them ... I thought that was a little weird and was going to mention it on this thread, but then I saw someone had bought it, so I just kept my fingers crossed! I didn't think it would help to mention it after the fact! :sad:

I am hoping this is resolved quickly for you, fiat! Best of luck and please keep us posted!

Oh fiatflux, I am so sorry!! I hope that it will be resolved quickly.

I did want to note that not all the older bags have leather inside the front pocket, both my luscious 04 Twiggy and 05 Sky Blue don't have the leather lining.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Not to be the dissenting opinion, but I think the bag itself (not the strap) may be authentic. I have the exact same season black city that came from BNY and the pictures of the actual bag you posted look fine to me. I do admit, it looks more wrinkly than what I'm used to seeing, but I've seen authentic bags like that. The back of the rivets have no notches, there is no leather along the inner pocket on the outside of the bag (the inner pocket on the inside of the bag does has a strip of leather) and the tag's font looks good, except mine has N 0119 A (which are different amoung bags anyway). Of course, you have to look and feel the bag irl to know for sure, but as far as those characteristics pointed out which deemed questionable, they're on an authentic s/s 05. I admit the strap isn't real but there are no pictures of the strap in the auction, so could that have been a replacement strap like a previous poster had mentioned?

You know, the switched out strap really could be a possibility also. I took a look at the other photos (for some reason not all of them showed up on my computer yesterday), and nothing else really sounds an alarm - the tag looks good to my eye -- and I haven't seen a tag get it right yet (not even nbf, that was actually one of the problems, so I take back my comments about that...). Hm. The hardware looks a little bright -- but it can easily appear brighter with a flash depending on the lighting maybe? Surferchick is right --- 2005 s/s bags did not all have notched rivets, and I don't believe they had the leather inside the pocket either, I think that might have started fall 2005 - but don't quote me on that.

But the strap is obviously a fake. I just wouldn't dismiss the idea that the bag might be authentic --- don't feel that it is fake just because of the strap. Since you have it in your own hands though, you are the only one that can really say because you can FEEL it, I've never seen a fake bag with the right leather, but it also might be hard to tell unless you own a S/S '05 or earlier bag too because F/W '05 has a slightly different feel.... - I really can't say one way or another for sure though.

This is a really interesting theory. The tag, to me, looks perfect. The non-notched rivets are fine for 2005 1.

fiat, would you be willing to post some close-up photos of the corners showing the buckles and the stitching on the applique and the side seam?

Yes, and fiat, you also mentioned the zipper pulls being awkward. I couldn't see a problem with the brass ring & tassel either...unless there's a pic of the zipper I'm not seeing. Either way, you still need an authentic strap with it. I'd request a replacement of a real one since that's an important part of the bag or see if BNY can send you one and just receive a refund for that amount. If it can't be replaced, then that would be reason enough for me to want a full refund.

fiatflux said:
The whole bag is fake, not just the strap ... did you see my pic of the inside of the outer pocket? No leather lining. Plus the zipper pull ... and the leather isn't nice on the bag ... no comparison to my Magenta or Calcaire. In addition, shouldn't it have the rivets with notches if it is in fact a 2005 bag?

fiatflux, the early '05 bags did not have the leather lining on the outside pocket. I had a City and currently have a First, and that was / is the case with both. There were a few small differences between the early and late '05 bags, that maybe alot of people never noticed. I am wondering if maybe it's the strap that's the problem, not the bag. The strap definitely looks wrong, but I'm not agreeing the actual bag looks fake. Just a thought.

PS: Didn't see surferchick's exact same comments, previously. Anyway, agree entirely!

The more I continue to look at the photos -- the more I really believe the switched out fake strap is the case of this bag. I also checked a S/S '05 bag that I own, and confirmed that the rivets look identical.

Fiat, if you can - posting close up photos of the bag would be great, I'd love to see the extra details too.

i have a s/s 05 twiggy. my front pocket does not have a leather lining and the rivets are not notched, and my bag is definitely authentic.

i'm hoping the body of this particular bag in question is real and the strap is fake! if i were to buy a bag with a fake strap, it would definitely worry me though.:sad: