Smoking tortoise

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Poor tortoise...don't really think this is for real...how cruel if it is!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23458450-29677,00.html

March 31, 2008

BEIJING: A pet tortoise that smokes and appears to be addicted to nicotine has been discovered in China's northeastern province of Jilin, Xinhua news agency said.

[​IMG]
    A pet tortoise in China smokes a cigarette. Picture: AFP

Owner Yun teased the tortoise one day by putting a cigarette butt into its mouth, and to his surprise it started to smoke the butt. From then on, he shared his cigarettes with his pet, Xinhua said.

"It seems to have become addicted," Yun was quoted as saying. "Whenever I smoke in front of it, it will stick its head out of the water and fidget about until I give it the stub."
    Yun proved his claim by putting a cigarette in the tortoise's mouth in front of a local newspaper reporter and his neighbours. To everyone's surprise, the tortoise finished the cigarette in less than four minutes, the news agency said.

2. um...okay?

3. :amazed:

4. Why. just why....

5. Um, yeah, our Golden will tackle you for a beer, but that doesn't mean he gets to share one...

I guess this is sort of humorous, but cigarettes must be terrible for something as small as a turtle! I can't imagine the damage they'd do!

6. Poor thing!

7. On youtube there was a video of a pug smoking. It is so sad especially since pugs are pretty much born with breathing problems. :tdown:

8. horrible...:tdown:

9. Thast so wrong!