Smoke smell out of suede

May 5, 2014
Hi!

I purchased a NWOT suede leather jacket off eBay. In error I forgot to I inquire if there were any odors or cigarette smoke smells (first time I’ve mistakenly done that) and of course the jacket arrived smelling of smoke. I immediately took it to the cleaners and they said they could help. The coat returned still smelling of smoke. My husband picked it up for me so I wasn’t able to inspect it in person at the time of pickup. So now I’m unsure if they even cleaned it or it’s much tougher to get that awful smell out than I thought. Anybody else have experience getting smoke out of suede? Should I take it back to the cleaners and risk them accusing me of causing the smell? Try another cleaners? Or try some DIY from the internet? Any advice is welcomed. TIA :heart:

Really large amount of baking soda in a sealed container large enough to fit the jacket. It will likely need cleaning after the baking soda treatment. There's also this stuff called Odorzout that is supposed to work as well, but it's tiny crystals and thus, won't rube into the suede.