Smitten Kitten's Surgery at MVP + Other Reviews and Experiences

Interesting that you are so defensive, however I did not insinuate anything nor made reference to your review. And there's no need to insult my intelligence to call it a "presumption" that mvp is not on my list, everyone needs to do their research and will have to rely on their judgement on which clinics they should put their trust to. Mvp's reviews from their patients have been mixed at best If a clinic is truly that good, their work and results will speak for themselves, like April31.

Why did you blacklist MVP?

Hi everyone

I know its very hard to choose a clinic or surgeon so i thought i would share with you guys on my experience with MVP, I had a consultation with them a few days ago regarding double eyelid surgery. Mindy who i was in contact with through email and wassapp has been brilliant, I also met Ellen there who was absolutely lovely and the feel of the reception felt welcoming.
I met Dr Seo who listened to what i wanted and recommended i have DES and ptosis and the price was reasonable.
My next stop was Dr Kwon of teuim who Ive set my mind on before leaving for Korea mainly due to his popularity and the amount of good reviews on him but that all changed when i got to the clinic.
There was a confusion about my appointment which they did not recognise, met Dr kwon who insisted i must have epi to have bigger eyelids which i did not want to have due to reviews on others that has had it done. He was also very vague about everything maybe this is due to his lack of english, he did not make me feel comfortable plus he also said that if i did not do epi then he would not perform the surgery. I was then led out to meet his secretary(cant remember her name) to discuss the the price who i found to be very rude and left very annoyed.
So i went straight back to MVP to have my surgery. So far so good, its been 3 days and swelling has gone down alot. Their aftercare has been very good and i went there everyday so far just to have check ups and de-swelling injections.
So thanks to MissOrange's review that made me have a consultation there and I would recommend anyone who is looking to have double eyelid surgery to consider MVP purely base on the fact they were welcoming and its nice to be somewhere they can speak decent english.
Aw thanks for thanking me for my review @Phuong TT. I am super excited to go back to MVP next week for fat graft top up to my eyelids. I shall bring an A4 of Im Jina to show Dr Seo.

I just heard that due to the political ban on Chinese tour groups to SK, airports and clinics are hurting! It means lots of April and May promotions! One gal is getting des and ptosis correction for 2 million won at MVP! Wow and they have a rhino promo for 3 million won. For those who have chosen MVP, get your surgery done by the end of May as I hear the ban is temporary.

All the big 4 clinics pushed epi on me in my quotations last year but I stood my ground and refused to get epi. I did note Teium pushes epi and also asked if they would do des without epi. I am super glad I chose MVP and I am a real patient happy to share my ugly before and after beautiful rejuvenated eyes. Turning 51 next month too!

Why did you blacklist MVP?
This clinic has really mixed reviews, its either really good or really bad. I crossed them off my list after how irresponsible they were to one of their patients who had bad results, this just made really uneasy. I also feel like they have promoters here on the forum, but that's just me. Good luck with your search

This clinic has really mixed reviews, its either really good or really bad. I crossed them off my list after how irresponsible they were to one of their patients who had bad results, this just made really uneasy. I also feel like they have promoters here on the forum, but that's just me. Good luck with your search

Could you please elaborate more? Like who had bad results at MVP? I'm trying to gather more reviews about MVP, so I hope you can help me out and let me know why you know. :smile:

Hi everyone
I don't normally like to share pictures of myself online but this is an exception as MVP has been brilliant with me.
So this is day 6 sitting at airport lounge, there's still little bruising round the eyes. I must admit there was no pain during procedure and after. Day 2 was a little uncomfortable as there was swelling but through out the week I made sight seeing trips and visited a load of skin clinics.

Hi everyone
I don't normally like to share pictures of myself online but this is an exception as MVP has been brilliant with me.
So this is day 6 sitting at airport lounge, there's still little bruising round the eyes. I must admit there was no pain during procedure and after. Day 2 was a little uncomfortable as there was swelling but through out the week I made sight seeing trips and visited a load of skin clinics.
Beautiful eyes @PhuongTT! Thanks for sharing! You heal very fast!

Reactions: Phuong TT
This is just me, but I don't think smittenkitten would've posted YouTube videos of herself if she was trying to be fake - she didn't have to make those videos. I had a good experience with MVP too, and shared my experience on another thread, which I will copy/paste here. (p.s. I am 100% definitely not a promoter. I know it is hard to judge/trust what's said on an online forum though. This is your face, and it's a really scary thought to think you can potentially end up with a botched surgery, so do as much research as you can and go with what feels right to you!):

Hi All, I just had my double eyelid incisional surgery + ptosis + epi done with Dr. Seo at MVP, and overall it was a very positive experience! Even though I was sooo nervous pre-booking, pre-paying, and securing a surgery date without an in-person consult first... I have no regrets. I get my stitches out later this week, so things are still pretty early for me! I just have to say ohaiolos was right on with her experience, and Dr. Seo is as detail-oriented as I had hoped. He was very thorough with the consult, and did not pressure me into anything. During the consult, he pulled my chair close to his, had me look at him from all angles, he pulled on my eyelids and measured my eyes, the distance between them, drew on my face, etc. He also used a needle thing to give me an idea of how I'd look with various crease sizes.

When I went, both Ellen and Mindy were there for me. They are both super sweet, reassuring me and calming me down the whole time because of my nerves.

In the post-op kit, they gave me an eye mask that you freeze, gauze, pumpkin juice, ointment, q-tips, and packets of pills that I'm to take 3x a day. The pills are antibiotics and painkillers.

I honestly felt pretty great even the day after surgery, and went shopping, eating, walking around with my sunglasses on. People here are so used to this that nobody even looked at me twice. My first follow-up was the very next day, where they cleaned my eyes, and did a de-swelling treatment which consisted of red light therapy and an IV bag of some cocktail that's supposed to help with swelling. I go back again for my 2nd follow-up in a few days, where they'll take my stitches out and do another round of de-swelling treatment. The post-op care here is above and beyond what I expected, but of course I have nothing to compare it to. I just know it's way better than the post-op care that my friends in the U.S. got.

From what I can tell, my creases look really symmetrical and when I imagine the swelling going down by half I think I'll be happy with where my crease falls. I think Dr. Seo did a great job! Anyway, I'm sure I'll get a better idea in a month or so on the end results... but just wanted to share my initial thoughts for those who are thinking about MVP in the soon-ish timeframe. Good luck!

:biggrin: Thanks for going through all the effort of compiling my photos and videos. The difference is make up :smile: You can see it easily in the photos below. I'm sure you already knew this though.

I made the videos because of the amount of unreplied messages I get of the same questions. You can see I have no video editing skills and that's OK with me because I'm happy for people to see the REAL me without make up and how much I have reduced the make up I wear now. Since surgery I feel beautiful even without make up on and have been wearing less and less make up ever since.

I shall make a new video this Easter! Will post link below when it's up!

Interesting that you are so defensive, however I did not insinuate anything nor made reference to your review. And there's no need to insult my intelligence to call it a "presumption" that mvp is not on my list, everyone needs to do their research and will have to rely on their judgement on which clinics they should put their trust to. Mvp's reviews from their patients have been mixed at best If a clinic is truly that good, their work and results will speak for themselves, like April31.

A presumption doesn't equate to an insult of your intelligence; not sure why you are taking their comment so personally?

Also re: April31, maybe you should read this
I would like to put April31 to the blacklist. Reasons: Botched job but never take responsibilities after surgery.

I don't check PF regularly and only do so once my inbox is filled with unread questions.

I want to take the time to remind everyone who uses PF that this is a place for EVERYONE to do their research prior to going for PS.
EVERYONE should do their research and due diligence before deciding on a surgeon. It's YOUR face!! NO ONE is pushing you to go to a particular clinic.

This is NOT a place to get catty or take offence. Remember, beauty comes first from inside! :heart::heart::heart:

A presumption doesn't equate to an insult of your intelligence; not sure why you are taking their comment so personally?

Also re: April31, maybe you should read this
This is really childish, but since you made the effort of searching up that post about April31 you are taking this equally as personally. Oh dear it's one thing to talk about about not taking offense and being catty then doing the same thing yourself.