Smith bag

I bought one and returned it. :biggrin: Personally I found the bag too big and too heavy for me. I know that others really love the bag, but it didn't work for me.

Hi Ruby,

I have the smith bag. Actually I have 7 of them, 5 in leather (natural, t-moro, white, red and moss) and 2 in nylon (navy and pink). I love the bag. Love the outside pockets for phone and keys, lots of space inside and love the florentine leather.

I agree with Sarah, the bag is big and the leather one is on the heavy side . For me is the perfect size since I like medium-large bags since I like to have space to carry stuff if I need. To me is not heavy, what I mean is that I can carry a heavy bag with no problem, but I have asked DH and he told me the bag was heavy.

Is there a particular concern you have?

Hi Ruby,

I have the smith bag. Actually I have 7 of them, 5 in leather (natural, t-moro, white, red and moss) and 2 in nylon (navy and pink). I love the bag. Love the outside pockets for phone and keys, lots of space inside and love the florentine leather.

I agree with Sarah, the bag is big and the leather one is on the heavy side . For me is the perfect size since I like medium-large bags since I like to have space to carry stuff if I need. To me is not heavy, what I mean is that I can carry a heavy bag with no problem, but I have asked DH and he told me the bag was heavy.

Good to know, thanks!

I am mainly concerned with the weight, and the user friendliness of the front pocket. I love the idea of a front pocket, but find that most are not as easy to get in and out of, as easily as I would like.
Thanks for the great info, I think you might have pushed me over the edge towards it. As much as I love my Florentine satchels, the zipper flap drives me batty. Thinking that perhaps the Smith is my solution.

Good to know, thanks!

I am mainly concerned with the weight, and the user friendliness of the front pocket. I love the idea of a front pocket, but find that most are not as easy to get in and out of, as easily as I would like.
Thanks for the great info, I think you might have pushed me over the edge towards it. As much as I love my Florentine satchels, the zipper flap drives me batty. Thinking that perhaps the Smith is my solution.

Ruby,
What do you mean by the zipper flap on the satchels? Are you referring to the main zipper than folds down? If so, be aware that the smith has the same thing! See the pic below. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• smith.jpg
    smith.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,217
Last edited:
I love my smith bag also, I only have one in black. It is very large, and like MaryBel says,the front flaps down. The front pocket is usable for keys and such, and there is a back slip pocket too. If you want something smaller, with no zipper flap, try the medium pocket satchel. Comes in dillen leather or florentine. Much smaller purse, has a LARGE front pocket, and is very user friendly. I love mine, however, for me, for everyday, it is too small. I did buy my daughters each one for Christmas, they love it too. They are in their twenties. :biggrin::biggrin:

I bought a Smith, but returned it. I like a big bag, but this was TOO big! Mine was red leather and it was so pretty, but for me the "cost per wear" would have been too high because I rarely wear red and I don't have a lot of occasions to carry a huge bag.

I have the Smith bag in white nylon, I cannot even explain how much I love this bag. It's large when the top is not folded over, it's medium with the top folded over. Very easy to clean, I'm not very wasteful, so it is the only bag I have and carry on a daily basis. I love the color white as it just looks soo crisp n clean to me, and yes the bag I have is a dream to clean. I love the inside pockets, back outside open pocket, but I will say, I do not use the front snap pocket. It's tight, so it makes it very hard for me to get my iPhone out of and plus I'm always worried the snap may open and I drop something not knowing. So that is my two cents on my gorgeous Smith bag ;)

Does anyone have one? Could you give a review?
I had the Smith in the Natural Florentine! Love the Handy Pockets and the look, however I am 5'1" and love big bags but found this one a bit too heavy for most outings.! this style should be shrunk about 1.5 " each way and this would be the perfect Handbag.
I still have the Smith bag in the Black and Brown Jacquard which I love. The style and the weight is great!!!!

I have this bag in navy w/turq. trim from the Q and love it. So when I saw that Zappos had the Smith bag in white pebble leather on sale I jumped on it but was so disappointed because it was too heavy for my use. I check their site daily for specials. No tax, no shipping and free returns.

I have the orange and royal nylon smith bag and I love her. She is a workhorse and not heavy at all because she is nylon. Plus if any of the kids spill anything on her or I get caught in the rain, it is still perfect. The front pocket can be a little difficult to get closed though if you fasten it. Everything else I absolutely love about it

I have this bag in TMoro brown. I is stunning! Yes, it is large and a bit on the heavy side, but I knew that when I bought it. It goes over the shoulder nicely--even with my winter coat. I just saw this bag in Dillen II with tan trim on the Q if you dont want florentine--same price $398. There was a raspberry florentine one for $298 on ilovedooney this week....not sure if if is still there......kc

Good to know, thanks!

I've got a Smith bag in Teal and I LOVE it and am already plotting future Smith bag purchases. I love a big bag, and this one is fabulous! I don't fold the flap down....I like it standing up and looking more tote-ish. I don't zip it much, so it stays up just fine. The weight...I believe it's the same weight as the large satchel. A little over 3 lbs. :o)

Hi Ruby,

OMG you're my hero! I don't feel bad at ALL now for making a list of other colors I want in this bag! I just love it!

Ruby,
What do you mean by the zipper flap on the satchels? Are you referring to the main zipper than folds down? If so, be aware that the smith has the same thing! See the pic below. Hope this helps.
OMG i love the color of that bag.. I was looking at the Smith or the Double Tassel Satchel. similar bags but one has the flap. Doony has them on special for Feb.