Smelly Speedy B Zipper

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anybody had an issue with this? My bag is only a year old and my hands stink every time I touch the zipper. When I lean over the bag I smell the metallic smell too, but it's not nearly as offensive as the smell on my hands after touching it.

2. LOL.
    No, I haven't experienced this. Maybe the oils on your fingers (either natural oil or +lotion) reacts with the metal elements in the zipper to cause the smell?
    I would either
    a) stop smelling my fingers
    b) Macgyver a way to cover the zipper pull with some cloth so I don't directly contact the zipper when I use my speedy.

Good luck!

3. I wish it were as easy as stopping smelling my fingers, LOL. I don't use lotion either. It's very possible, but man, it's like touching old coins. The smell just lingers.

4. Hi you could try using a jewellery cleaning cloth, as it is most probably the tarnishing of the zip that is causing it to smell.