Chemical Smell

There are stickers on the market that are called 'scratch and sniff' stickers. When you scratch them, they have a scent. For example, could be a sticker of a cherry and it would have a cherry smell. It was meant as tongue and cheek...a joke. 😜
Ok, now I know what you mean, that's funny :smile:! You see, I understand a joke, if somebody explains it to me ;))!

You know, I bought the TP 26 Palm Dots in Pink yesterday and I like it, it's a really cute and practical LV piece.

But it has a strong, strange smell - something like fruity chemical, can't describe better, because never smelled something like that before. It is standing with open zipper one day and one night now near open windows, but didn't get better. I'm sad, because I can't keep it like that. That smell is bad, I can't use it like that, I get a headache. It seems to come from the pink inside.

I have so many LV products and none of them smells bad. If it won't get better, I will have to return it.

Does anyone have this experience, too? Please tell me, thanks you!
I bought a mono TP and it had a bad smell...I ended up exchanging it and the second one was a lot better. I had bought it online so I was not able to see it first ...You may have to exchange and check each one.....

Several months ago I bought a Pochette NM DE. When I got into my car I noticed a horrible odor. When I got home I put my the bag in my bedroom. The bedroom stunk.I finally realized it was my new purchase. The odor was nauseating. I returned the bag the next day.

I hunted in several LV stores for a new one.I found one that does not have a horrible odor. If I sniff the strap there is a faint odor, one I can live with.

My Odeon smelled horrible when new. It was like rotten eggs! Then the pong went away thankfully. It is the only LV I have bought which had this problem. I was considering the PD toiletry bag but not so sure now!

I'm quite suprised and shocked that many of you had simimiar experience with bad smell on LVs. Thank you all for telling me!

I can't accept it and surely will bring my Toiletry back tomorrow. Will see, if I get another one ore take the NF Palm Dots instead. I would like to add one piece in this print to my collection. IMO it looks fresh and perfect for summer, although the pink on the inside of the NF might be too much for my taste. Will decide tomorrow and let you all know ;).

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday!

I'm quite suprised and shocked that many of you had simimiar experience with bad smell on LVs. Thank you all for telling me!

I can't accept it and surely will bring my Toiletry back tomorrow. Will see, if I get another one ore take the NF Palm Dots instead. I would like to add one piece in this print to my collection. IMO it looks fresh and perfect for summer, although the pink on the inside of the NF might be too much for my taste. Will decide tomorrow and let you all know ;).

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday!
I am still deciding whether or not to return my pocket agenda! I am still airing it out. It doesn't smell as bad anymore. I am so lazy to drive to the mall, but feels weird spending so much money on a smelly agenda!

Yep my Josephine Wallet had that smell and the SA I spoke to definitely down played it but told me to use a dryer sheet overnight in it and it did help a lot but it's still slightly off a year later.

Hi all,

My friend ordered a key pouch in DE canvas from Louisvuitton.com and it has a really strong chemical smell. Has anyone else experienced this chemical odor from items you've ordered from their website? Does the smell fade away quickly? I was thinking it might be from storage in the warehouse it ships from. According to the date code, it was made only a few weeks ago (in France). Thanks!

Good evening.

My WORLD items smell. A chemical smell, not the normal smell of a new bag.

Am I the only one ? What did you do to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.