SMAS Facelift - best surgeon?

Jul 23, 2014
I'm doing double jaw surgery next year and after that I'm going for a full facelift. Could anyone recommend a surgeon for this? I was looking at Dr Kwon from Aone as Ive seen some of his facelift patients in real life and thought they looked good but he seems to be getting trashed alot on here by unhappy patients. The thing I liked with Aone is that he is the only surgeon (and Im worried about shadow dr / surgeon swap) but there must be other surgeons that do SMAS facelifts out there? Please give me your input and thoughts :smile:

Reactions: catelet
I'm doing double jaw surgery next year and after that I'm going for a full facelift. Could anyone recommend a surgeon for this? I was looking at Dr Kwon from Aone as Ive seen some of his facelift patients in real life and thought they looked good but he seems to be getting trashed alot on here by unhappy patients. The thing I liked with Aone is that he is the only surgeon (and Im worried about shadow dr / surgeon swap) but there must be other surgeons that do SMAS facelifts out there? Please give me your input and thoughts :smile:
The best surgeon I know in Korea for real full face SMAS is Dr. Joo Heon Lee. He is that good. He pulls from different angles as your natural direction sagged. As the other doctors pull from one direction. At www.area88.com

Last edited:
Reactions: rani926
@chardonnaylane
Just FYI, there are different techniques of Facelift, so familiarise yourself with them first, and know what each tries to achieve, how its done,
. Google them n read. There are low smas, high smas, deep plane, minift etc.also if ur sx effects require a neck lift, rhats not included in a facelift.
Bc u might get a lift done, looks good then but after swelling, still get sagging jowls. Have the PS explain how it would work on ur face.
Had a FL for jowls but they re still here, not as noticeable since l had neck lipo and lift but still little pad of flesh hanging, so lower smas didnt work as well for me as other pts lve seen.
So do your homework and ask the right questions for u. Bc once its done they say u look good but when u complain they say didnt no that would hapoen bc everyone is different. Not a perfect science.
Good luck to you. And take care.

The best surgeon I know in Korea for real full face SMAS is Dr. Joo Heon Lee. He is that good. He pulls from different angles as your natural direction sagged. As the other doctors pull from one direction. At www.area88.com
I know he is the expert but not impressed with his photos and even though he is the SMAS expert the photos at his old clinic April31 are mainly of threadlifts. I am really impress with SunnyDahye's mother's FL at Banobagi. SunnyDahye is a Canadian? blogger and blogged on her mum's progress. She went from 60 to 30. I see the old Blacklist of clinics still has Banobagi. Since last year it is illegal to substitute doctors so I feel that most of the clinics should be revised. I also dig the facelifts at JK.

Reactions: Yumigumi
@chardonnaylane
Just FYI, there are different techniques of Facelift, so familiarise yourself with them first, and know what each tries to achieve, how its done,
. Google them n read. There are low smas, high smas, deep plane, minift etc.also if ur sx effects require a neck lift, rhats not included in a facelift.
Bc u might get a lift done, looks good then but after swelling, still get sagging jowls. Have the PS explain how it would work on ur face.
Had a FL for jowls but they re still here, not as noticeable since l had neck lipo and lift but still little pad of flesh hanging, so lower smas didnt work as well for me as other pts lve seen.
So do your homework and ask the right questions for u. Bc once its done they say u look good but when u complain they say didnt no that would hapoen bc everyone is different. Not a perfect science.
Good luck to you. And take care.
Yes, many different kinds of SMAS facelift. I am doing the deep plane SMAS full face including the neck. Deep Plane is the only one that can last up to 10 -15 years. And made you look 20 years younger. Yes please, eveyone do research first. I did a lot and it's been reached for about 2 years now. I am very happy the Doctor I found. He is very well know all sort of SMAS facelift. And that is all he does.

I have Prof Lee at asps, Yoo at Dream and Dr Oh who did bonquiqui at banobagi on my list of potential surgeons for smas facelift.

Dr. Yoo at the Dream he is really good for forehead lift actually one of the best according to all the staffs working at Dream and I have also done my research that he is very good with the forehead lift. But for SMAS facelift I don't hear so much about it. He is still lack of skills since he is very young. But I know he is really good with a full forehead lift and under eyes surgeries. Yes, is very important to find the best surgeons instead of going to which clinics?

Reactions: rani926
I like her thread and opera is one of my list. I'm also considering dream, banobagi after reading @MissOrange 's comment ;) Let's all have more define jawline.
Banobagi isn't good, i had a consultation with them over whatsapp & their english consultant was rude & not friendly at all. Though i'd admit that they were honest but still you know you have to have a matching wavelength with your clinic so that your experience is outstanding as well as comfortable, right !!

Banobagi isn't good, i had a consultation with them over whatsapp & their english consultant was rude & not friendly at all. Though i'd admit that they were honest but still you know you have to have a matching wavelength with your clinic so that your experience is outstanding as well as comfortable, right !!
Yes, Banobagi is not good. Native Korean people won't even go to that places. Find the best surgeons, not the clinics. The one is going to perform surgery on you is the surgeon, not the clinic.

I have been to Korea 4 times. The first two times is all consultations. No surgeries. I only have one face if I am going to do it. I want the best surgeon to perform the surgery in the areas I want to do. Especially in Korea don't go for cheap pricing.

BTW! Dr. KIm at Dream is one of the top bone surgeons. He is very well known for bones surgeries.
I want zygoma reduction & the clinics i'm considering are- View & Daprs. Can you tell me which one can provide me good results?

And i haven't heard about Dr. Kim at Dream, now i'll search for him and dream too, thanks.