Small vs Large Hippie

cz22

O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
So I know all have not seen the small hippie IRL (except if you looked at the op art or ordered one) so here's a quick photo comparison.

I will check back later if there are any questions.

For color reference, this is the small pink pearl and large violet.

On shoulder:
small
IMG_6064.jpg

large
IMG_7363.jpg

Crossbody:
small
IMG_6062.jpg

large
IMG_7364.jpg

Both crossbody
IMG_7368.jpg

Laying down
IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7370.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

FOr me personally, the small is too small,but the large is too large. Story of my life. Thanks for pics. They are gorgeous. I esp like that pink pearl and im not a big pink girl at all. Its gorgeous.

Also, I have the large on the shortest crossbody setting, small on the 2nd-from-longest setting.

ETA: and I am 5'5"
E (again) TA: Correction - pic modeling just small is on longest crossbody setting. pic modeling both is what I stated above.

Last edited:
FOr me personally, the small is too small,but the large is too large. Story of my life. Thanks for pics. They are gorgeous. I esp like that pink pearl and im not a big pink girl at all. Its gorgeous.

HAHA! That's the same way the Sabrinas are for me too! But I've been wanting a leather Parker hippie but the large looks enormous on my hip. It makes me look wider and that's just not cool. The small is the right size for me, but my contents barely fit inside. I would prefer it if the small hippie were maybe an inch or two bigger on each side, but that's almost as big as the large hippie. Haha!

cz22 - Thanks for the comparision pics! I'm sure a lot of ladies will find those helpful. And congrats on scoring the large violet hippie!

Great comparison pics! :tup: You are nice and thin so the small really works for ya! I would need the large for sure with all of the crap that I like to carry, just to be prepared for well, whatever LOL.

Isn't that the way w/most Coach bags???:biggrin:^^

Thanks so very much for posting all these great comparison pictures. I personally like the smaller better because I would wear it as a crossbody only. I think the large one looks too large when worn crossbody...JMO...!

My heart belongs to the large hippie! :love: However, I DO like the small worn crossbody, I think it might even look better than the large worn this way, but it would be too small for me to wear on the shoulder. I wear my large hippie crossbody a lot, and I love the way it hugs my hip. I didn't like the way it looked when I first tried it on in the store with the paper in it, however it looks totally different with my stuff in it and lays flat.

With the sabrina, I went with the small/medium. I totally agree about the sizes of the two bags being either slightly too small or too big!!

I love the pearly coating! I wish all the colors had this! It even makes me want a brown (cinnamon) bag.

cz22 - Thanks for the comparision pics! I'm sure a lot of ladies will find those helpful. And congrats on scoring the large violet hippie!
Thank you! I got soooo lucky to snag the last violet at Leesburg by calling just in time! :nuts:

Great comparison pics! :tup: You are nice and thin so the small really works for ya! I would need the large for sure with all of the crap that I like to carry, just to be prepared for well, whatever LOL.
:blush: Thank you!
I do prefer the small for what I carry, but the large will definitely come in handy, too.

OHH!!! I like the small one!!! How much is the small Parker? I wore my violet one for the first time today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
$298 FP and can only be ordered (AFAIK) through a boutique or JAX since they were not officially released in the US.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! Glad you like the comparison pics!! :biggrin: