Small update on London Birkin hunt...

eliselady

Mar 19, 2007
Once again thank you to all you kind people who gave me advice. After resigning myself to the fact that I wont get a bag in London and would have to go to Paris, I decided to call one of the stores anyway.

I was convinced the SA would be unfriendly, but she was lovely! And do you know after a month of so of reading this forum we managed to have a fab conversation about colour and leather etc and I sounded really knowledgable!:yahoo:

So, I am going there on tuesday to buy a scarf we talked about and she has out me on the cancellation list for the bag. She also mentioned that the birkin waiting list would be reopened soon and she would be sure to call e and let me know when.

Plus, sister in law (and fluent french speaker) is off to Paris soon and has offered to go to the mother store for me! So small news I know, but progress!!!!!

That's great news, this forum has been so helpful to me too, giving me confidence and knowledge to be able to chat to the SAs and they seem to be more receptive to Birkin seekers when they realise how much you love the bags and have some knowledge of them. Congratulations, your Birkin must feel one step closer.

Might have to take my 8 month old to the store on tuesday. Am hoping she will be cute and gurgly and will sway the SA for me!! Dont worry - she wont touch anything!!