Small Tri-fold or Micro Luggage?

jinteresting1

Sep 25, 2018
Hi all! After admiring Phoebe Philo's Celine from afar for many years (Fall 2013 is still my dream wardrobe), I'm looking to finally invest in my first piece!

I'm deciding between the Micro Luggage and the Small Trifold, both in black drummed leather.

The Luggage has been on my wishlist for the whole time I've been a fan (6 years now!), but now I'm beginning to fear that I'll be tired of it after time.

The Tri-Fold looks fresh and new to me, and I feel that its design will age better over time. However, I'm concerned that the bag structure itself will age more poorly than the luggage will.

I will be using this bag to hold daily essentials for work (wallet, cosmetic pouch). My style is a mix of minimal and hype/street style, lots of neutrals and blue.

TPFers, what do you think is the right choice? Trifold and Luggage owners, how has your drummed leather aged over time?

Thanks in advance!IMG-4117.JPG IMG-4220.JPG IMG-4117.JPG IMG-4220.JPG

Last edited:
I love my Micro Luggage personally. It's the drummed leather and it holds up pretty well for me. It's the perfect size for me for personal daily use but also as a work bag if you need to put a little more stuff in it. I can't imagine myself ever getting tired of the look of it

I have both bags. The micro luggage is more beautiful to me but I find myself using the tri-fold a lot more because it can go on my shoulder. Also the micro luggage is more iconic but I love how the trifold looks on you here. Go with the one that makes your heart sing!

Reactions: jinteresting1
Thank you all for weighing in! I think posting this and my initial reactions to each answer told me how I really feel...

And I have a preloved black drummed leather micro luggage coming my way!

It came down to how I think it will wear over time, since I imagine the luggage's slouch will be really yummy [emoji846]

I have both bags. The micro luggage is more beautiful to me but I find myself using the tri-fold a lot more because it can go on my shoulder. Also the micro luggage is more iconic but I love how the trifold looks on you here. Go with the one that makes your heart sing!

Great to hear from you! I stalked all your tri-fold posts haha [emoji28] I love the mileage you get from your Tri-Fold

I love my Micro Luggage personally. It's the drummed leather and it holds up pretty well for me. It's the perfect size for me for personal daily use but also as a work bag if you need to put a little more stuff in it. I can't imagine myself ever getting tired of the look of it

I'm glad to hear that it's held up well for you, both in quality and style!