Small things that make you happy!

Got a professional pedicure for the first time in 2.5 years. (I’m happy to do my own pedicures but I’m not great with painting my toenails)

Currently being treated out by my husband for a Japanese-style hair treatment while he gets his haircut. :heart:

It’s 75 and sunny in California. Happy to enjoy some spring weather before the rain comes again.
Here’s the doggies out on their walk earlier today.

DFCBE766-0C70-4281-9F1E-5ACADD2E3723.jpegE9952D72-7BF9-4BF4-B350-71ADA1AF7A5B.jpegD8C5C017-CB01-4BDA-9292-D3704ACBEA9B.jpeg

Got a professional pedicure for the first time in 2.5 years. (I’m happy to do my own pedicures but I’m not great with painting my toenails)

Currently being treated out by my husband for a Japanese-style hair treatment while he gets his haircut. :heart:

It’s 75 and sunny in California. Happy to enjoy some spring weather before the rain comes again.
Here’s the doggies out on their walk earlier today.

View attachment 5743582View attachment 5743583View attachment 5743584
I thought you meant your puppies did till I kept reading :lol:

How did you find out your animals were male? With Bela, I didn't find out till the following year...when he got his adult feathers and his beak turned yellow in spring. Male starlings have some blue at the base of their beaks and females have pink. The females also have an extra ring around their eyes.

Of course it's not always certain but for the most part, that observation is pretty accurate. I'd have to send in a sample of his feathers for analysis to be 100% sure. Then I'd actually have to rip out a few of his chest feathers...ones that fall out naturally won't work. Besides, I don't really care that much. And so by the time I figured out he was a boy, he was already telling me 100 times a day that "I'm Bella! Bella's such a pretty bird!" :giggle:
With my giant tortoise, it was a shock. I thought his intestines had come out of his body! Later he started making love to some of the large rocks in the garden. With my rabbit, it was when he started humping my dog's snout. I didn't know until then that male rabbits are smaller than females.

I used to have some birds. With regularly colored parakeets, you can usually tell by the color of the cere. With my cockatiel, it was obvious when she started laying eggs.