Small Suffolk here to stay or no?

changingwoman

Dec 31, 2013
Hi all! Though I'm absolutely loving my first Mulberry which just arrived a few days ago (preloved Choc Ivy Bays), I'm already starting to strategize about my next purchase. Everyone warned me that it's a slippery slope... :biggrin:

Anyway I'm just wondering about the Small Suffolk bag. From what I can tell, the bag was only introduced about a year or so ago, and the various color and leather options I've been able to find still available for purchase while doing some quick google shopping are very limited. The only small version available from M.com itself is black classic calf.

Do you think this bag will stick around for awhile, and if so, will it be released in other colors again soon? Or does the lack of color options mean that it is being phased out? I have plenty of black bags so I'd like to find one in maybe ginger or oxblood or aubergine or some other interesting but versatile color...but sadly it's going to take me quite awhile to save up, even if there are small suffolks like this still out there...have I just missed the boat on this one?

Thanks for any thoughts and info lovely folks!

This style didnt sell well and was heavily reduced in the sales...i suspect the lack of colours availanpble may indicate,it will be phased out soon..but there may be some more colours to be released for SS 15 as production starts so far ahead of,known sales

Thanks ukpandagirl and elvisfan! Since I'll be spending plenty of time saving up, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open until I'm ready to buy. I do like the look of the Primrose too, and since there seem to be a few more options available in that bag, maybe that's the way I'll end up going...

Your bays seems to capture your spirit well. A fine choice.

Maybe this will help with primrose questions--
I own a tricolor primrose (oxblood, poppy, oak silky calf). It's quite feminine & cheerful. I have a few concerns, but don't regret my purchase. It's my favorite.

Concerns:
--the hinged lock may/may not be long-lasting design, as carrying by handle pulls/stresses that point.

--the more delicate oak silky calf includes the handle & flap, so I'm hesitant to use it everyday.

--when carrying with included strap, top handle flops to front view & look may be unattractive to some.

I believe there's a smaller tricolor version coming soon @ mulberry. Mine's about 28cm wide.

The right choice will find you. Don't fret.

Your bays seems to capture your spirit well. A fine choice.

Maybe this will help with primrose questions--
I own a tricolor primrose (oxblood, poppy, oak silky calf). It's quite feminine & cheerful. I have a few concerns, but don't regret my purchase. It's my favorite.

Concerns:
--the hinged lock may/may not be long-lasting design, as carrying by handle pulls/stresses that point.

--the more delicate oak silky calf includes the handle & flap, so I'm hesitant to use it everyday.

--when carrying with included strap, top handle flops to front view & look may be unattractive to some.

I believe there's a smaller tricolor version coming soon @ mulberry. Mine's about 28cm wide.

The right choice will find you. Don't fret.

Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed response remainsilly!! I've definitely been eyeing the tricolor primrose on m.com, both the regular and smaller versions. Love those colors together, so I'm glad to hear that you like it, but hearing your concerns is very useful too. There's also an oxblood primrose online too, which would solve the oak handle and flap problem...

I hope these options stick around for awhile. It'll be hard to decide, but I've got time because I really need to save up!! So many beautiful bags...

Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed response remainsilly!! I've definitely been eyeing the tricolor primrose on m.com, both the regular and smaller versions. Love those colors together, so I'm glad to hear that you like it, but hearing your concerns is very useful too. There's also an oxblood primrose online too, which would solve the oak handle and flap problem...

I hope these options stick around for awhile. It'll be hard to decide, but I've got time because I really need to save up!! So many beautiful bags...

I have also heard through the grapevine that there is a poppy red soon to arrive in the primrose - grainy print leather !

I have the small suffolk and it holds LOADS :tup:

If you can get one at a great price - then I wouldn't hesitate to go for it.

They are being phased out - they are keeping classic colours for this a/w, so when you have saved up, look on ebay and you will get one for a good price hopefully.

I always feel super lady like and put together when I use mine :yes:

Think we are definitely saying bye bye to the Suffolk, It didn't sell at all well and went into the sale immediately with a 50% if I remember rightly. It definitely wasn't popular, the one I saw in the sale had masses of chips and scratches on the hardware bar across.

I notice the Bayswater shoulder has gone from M.com. There also seemed to be masses of them in the sales. It looked good but what a fiddle to get into, not surprised to see that going either.

The trouble is when Mulberry only make them for a season or so they seem to date so much.