Small stationery items; Starbucks cups, etc….fair use or infringement.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
So……I recently purchased a large damier, ebene, planner; a mm notebook cover (so pretty with the red interior); and a clemence notebook. Of course, the plan was to just buy one. None were in store so I had to order them all. I had them delivered to the store, the idea being that I would pick one and immediately return the others…..yeah, I am keeping them all (other than perhaps dropping them back off to heat stamp).

Anywho, in searching for inserts, I have run across many small, hand made sellers with stickers, tabs, planner envelopes, etc…..clearly not authentic ; nor trying to be.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Fake is fake.

I do think non-LV inserts (from other companies, like Filofax) are a perfect, legitimate thing to add to LV goods, since they aren't trying to deceive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loriad
Oohhh, would love to see pics. There are lots of “LV inspired” agenda items out there, I think logos should only be used for personal use, (eg you print out an LV sticker for yourself and put in your planner,) not to make profit. There is a Facebook group where group owner sells nothing but LV logo inserts, stickers etc. Pretty expensive and quality is quite poor.

I am torn on these items…..

I'm seeing more and more things in the stores that are "inspires by" and use the logos like Gucci, LV, Chanel and Hermes. Surprising its allowed and they seem to be popping up everywhere.

I wondered the same, brands used to be quick with cease and desist letters and quite litigious. New equipment has made it easy. Perhaps, too many to go after….or they just don’t because parody, fair use is a huge loophole when it is clear no deception is intended.

I’ve been in boutiques that had clothing with LV patterns ( pattern on the back of the Jean jacket) and jewelry Chanel and LV inspired with the Chanel and LV logo charms.

Those, I would consider blatant fakes and intent to deceive.

Fake is fake.

I do think non-LV inserts (from other companies, like Filofax) are a perfect, legitimate thing to add to LV goods, since they aren't trying to deceive.

LV only produces the basic agendas refills. Which I own and frankly are horrid! The paper is so thin, that pencil shows through. Cute drawings and designs….authentic, but not very practical.

If one wants tabs, envelopes, etc one must buy other brands.

By and large, I do generally agree fake is fake and would never buy, support fake. Which is why I am torn on these items. No one, would ever confuse these, it is pure kitsch.

Oohhh, would love to see pics. There are lots of “LV inspired” agenda items out there, I think logos should only be used for personal use, (eg you print out an LV sticker for yourself and put in your planner,) not to make profit. There is a Facebook group where group owner sells nothing but LV logo inserts, stickers etc. Pretty expensive and quality is quite poor.

No snaps, as it might violate TOS; but yeah….I would think if one was making them themselves, it would definitely feel like fair use…but I do not have a cricut or similar. The vendor I was looking at definitely makes them to order and is very small. Prices are reasonable, quality is clearly homemade….but that is part of what appeals to me.

Thanks, all, for responding.

As I said, I am torn. I wasn’t looking for the items. I was searching for cute, co-ordinating pieces when I stumbled across these. If authentic was produced, I would buy them; but, it’s not.

Reactions: slayer
I’ve seen this kind of thing and I’ve noticed some members here have them too. Personally it’s not for me. I might have said that I don’t really consider a coffee travel mug to be counterfeit because there’s nothing comparable made by LV and there’s no way it could be mistaken for a genuine LV item, but now, of course, they actually do make a coffee cup. I would never buy it, and as such I’m not interested in one made by someone else bearing the LV logo either. Same for agenda inserts. I have bought LV inserts many times in the past but some years I’ll buy Filofax refills instead. I wouldn’t want to buy a set made by someone else with LV logos on. To each their own, I suppose. For me there’s a clear difference between either of these things and a fake bag, but ultimately it’s still infringement, and it doesn’t appeal to me either way.

Reactions: slayer