Small reveal... and a silly question

xoespresso

O.G.
Jun 4, 2009
Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late to the game, but just became the happy owner of a Tony Duquette fob! :smile: it's my first (but probably not last) Coach keyfob, and I really adore it :heart:

However... I've never had a key chain where the clippy part is shaped like this, and I'm embarrassed to admit I'm having trouble opening it... Not sure if it's actually stuck or I'm just being dumb about this. Anyone have any hints about how to get my keys on? :sad:

image-3492252337.jpg

You need to slide the part that swings open upwards first, then it will open normally. This is just a security feature to keep your charm clipped to your bag/keys.

Thanks for the tips everyone!! It took some tugging... But I finally got it :smile:

I think my hinge was just jammed up -- there's some dusty gunk on it and the piece that swings out doesn't move very smoothly... Time to go give it a very careful rinse! (guess this is what happens when something sits for months in a FL warehouse?)

Sticky hinge :sad:
image-2544524387.jpg

Attachments

• image-3514133556.jpg
    image-3514133556.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Did you order it from JAX? I called a couple months ago and they told me they were all gone so I had to buy it on eBay. But I love it and wanted it so bad. It's gorgeous. I have mine on my LV speedy cause that bag got boring quick so I needed this to dress it up. :smile:

That's a really gorgeous keyfob, congrats! Be careful how you open it though, it's not like a carabiner. You have to slide the hinged part straight up, towards the curved part of the keyfob, and then swing it out. They're all a little stiff and tricky to open at first.

Fob twins! I can't believe I spent that much on a fob! I couldn't figure out how to open it at first either. Did yours come with a dust bag? If this is your first, you will have trouble finding another fob that is as magnificent. I haven't felt the need to buy another gold one since I got this one.

Aw thanks everyone for the tips and for reassuring me that I'm not the only one who had trouble with this type of fob opening. So many of us are twins! :smile:

whateve said:
Fob twins! I can't believe I spent that much on a fob! I couldn't figure out how to open it at first either. Did yours come with a dust bag? If this is your first, you will have trouble finding another fob that is as magnificent. I haven't felt the need to buy another gold one since I got this one.

Mine didn't come with a dust bag... But I have lots of little jewelry pouches so should be ok :smile: I am definitely really loving this fob! I dont normally go for gold hardware and had never bought a Coach fob before, but this one inspired me. Hopefully this will set such a high bar for Coach fobs for me that I wont go completely crazy and buy a ton more... at least, my wallet hopes so! :smile:

pdxmatts said:
Well I love that fob. What's the style#? At first I couldn't figure out how to open my Shamrock fob too, then I got it. :biggrin:

It's 93101! I think its from a few months ago, but when I ordered mine from JAX, they had one more left... :smile:

Conchenn said:
That's a really gorgeous keyfob, congrats! Be careful how you open it though, it's not like a carabiner. You have to slide the hinged part straight up, towards the curved part of the keyfob, and then swing it out. They're all a little stiff and tricky to open at first.

Thanks! Glad to know its not a defect affecting my fob specifically or anything like that!

sunspray said:
Did you order it from JAX? I called a couple months ago and they told me they were all gone so I had to buy it on eBay. But I love it and wanted it so bad. It's gorgeous. I have mine on my LV speedy cause that bag got boring quick so I needed this to dress it up. :smile:

I did order from JAX! They had two when I ordered... I had no idea they were out earlier but am grateful they came back! And yes putting it on a more understated bag seems like a cute idea. Would love to see yours :smile: i will have to play around with mine too...