Small pin hole in patent mini

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hi everyone!!

It's me again- so sorry! I just busted out my new turquoise patent mini today for the first time and noticed a super small black dot- like the size of the tip of a needle- on the bag. It appears to be a little tiny hole. I have to stress that it's reallllly small- like you'd only notice it if you were looking for it. It's also very shallow- for awhile, I thought maybe it was dye or ink, but upon intense inspection you can tell it's a little shallow hole.

I'm tempted not to really care- just wondered if anyone has ever experienced this and lived with it ok, and wondered if you all think I should bring it in? Thanks, TPFERS!

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Here is a pic! Sorry that I didn't post one before... You can see the little dot next to my nail... Any advice appreciated! Again, I am tending not to mind but question whether anyone had noticed this sort of thing before...

Attachments

HADASSA

Feb 22, 2012
This is just a thought - could it be where the clear coating did not cover completely and could have picked up an air pocket?

shannonrenee

Mar 4, 2014
Honestly even though it is a VERY tiny hole like you said, I would return to the store that you bought it from and show it to them. Maybe they will do an exchange. The hole could become bigger later on, and these bags cost too much to buy one with a hole in it! Just my thoughts though. :smile:

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Honestly even though it is a VERY tiny hole like you said, I would return to the store that you bought it from and show it to them. Maybe they will do an exchange. The hole could become bigger later on, and these bags cost too much to buy one with a hole in it! Just my thoughts though. :smile:
I know what you mean... All I'm worried about it that it would get bigger. I'm thinking of emailing the pic to my SA and just asking for her opinion... If she says that it is ok, or that she has experience with the issue, then maybe I can sort of ignore it and at least have a paper trail in the event it gets worse later? All of my bags have one little issue or the other, so a defect in and of itself doesn't bug me-

Greengoddess8

Oct 2, 2013
Ban Island, USA
Oh, no! I am so sorry that happened. That makes me worry I haven't inspected my bags close enough.
I am sorry I don't have any experience with this....that I know of?! I would definitely send a picture to your sa. Maybe she has one you could do an exchange. I too don't mind imperfections in my bags. It gives the unique character. But, I would hate to see the hole grow longer later on!!!

Ps, love the nail polish color:smile:) please share

divababe

Oct 23, 2008
NC
Sorry that you have a hole in the bag. I haven't seen it before (or I actually never looked that closely). I would definitely call them and ask. Is your nail polish from essie (I might knew the color)?

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Thanks, everyone! I am going to send a pic to my SA and see what she says- it's such a strange little issue!

The nailpolish is a no chip! I actually don't know the color, but was told it was new? Next time I go to the salon I will ask and let you both know!