Small Kate or Monogram WOC?

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I'm mainly going to use it for going out at night. Or weddings etc.

Which one is better and is more durable?

I am going for the silver hardware.

I currently have the medium and small loulou, and sunset medium.

Thanks!

I'm mainly going to use it for going out at night. Or weddings etc.

Which one is better and is more durable?

I am going for the silver hardware.

I currently have the medium and small loulou, and sunset medium.

Thanks!

Hi Antigone!
While I don’t have either of the bags you’re looking into, I think I’d go for the Kate over the WOC. I actually prefer the look of the WOC more, but because you already own the loulous, I’d opt for something without the chevron for your next purchase.

Hi Antigone!
While I don’t have either of the bags you’re looking into, I think I’d go for the Kate over the WOC. I actually prefer the look of the WOC more, but because you already own the loulous, I’d opt for something without the chevron for your next purchase.

Thank you!

Do you know which one has the longer strap? I want to wear it crossbody.

I'm a bit confused, I've always thought WOC had a shorter strap but now it seems it's longer?

I also found some who convert the wristlet clutch to a WOC! Wonder if I should consider this too.

Thank you!

I'm a bit confused, I've always thought WOC had a shorter strap but now it seems it's longer?

I also found some who convert the wristlet clutch to a WOC! Wonder if I should consider this too.

That's one of the reasons I didn’t choose the woc. I have the wristlet like many others at a fraction of the cost. Plus, it holds more and looks very similar… :smile:

Reactions: Antigone
Thank you!

There are two different sized WOCs. The one in your first link is the larger one. It has a shorter chain with no leather break on it.

The 2nd link is the smaller size with the leather. They are both different shapes.

I just found out that the YSL Kate WOC has a longer chain than the YSL Kate small. And the width isn't that much different. Now I'm wondering if I should get the Kate WOC. Does anyone have it? Is it the same quality as the small? How do you like it?

• DIMENSIONS: 19 X 12,5 X 4 CM / 7.4 X 4.9 X 1.5 INCHES
  • SHOULDER STRAP DROP: 60 CM

• DIMENSIONS: 20 X 12,5 X 5 CM / 7.8 X 4.9 X 1.9 INCHES
  • SHOULDER STRAP DROP: 56 CM

I just found out that the YSL Kate WOC has a longer chain than the YSL Kate small. And the width isn't that much different. Now I'm wondering if I should get the Kate WOC. Does anyone have it? Is it the same quality as the small? How do you like it?

• DIMENSIONS: 19 X 12,5 X 4 CM / 7.4 X 4.9 X 1.5 INCHES
  • SHOULDER STRAP DROP: 60 CM

• DIMENSIONS: 20 X 12,5 X 5 CM / 7.8 X 4.9 X 1.9 INCHES
  • SHOULDER STRAP DROP: 56 CM
I compared the kate small to the large WOC to the kate woc while shopping, so I can speak to those. Kate woc is the smallest, doesn't hold very much and has the longest chain. If you don't carry much it'll be okay. Maybe it'll fit your phone and lipstick and some cards, I can't quite remember exactly. Small kate is one compartment whereas the large WOC is more "compartmentalized." So it depends what you plan to put inside and how you like to carry your things. I have the WOC and find it nice actually to have my things separated and organized, it makes it quite easy to find. The zipper pocket is also a plus. It can be a bit of tetris work in case you have a lot of items. The closure is different (the snap as opposed to a magnet) so it takes a slight bit more effort to close. Both of them hold a pretty decent amount. I went with the WOC finally because I wanted the chevron and the shorter strap (I'm 5 ft so it works for me crossbody) and slimmer profile. I find it quite durable despite my clumsiness thankfully. But I love the Kate too and it's on my wishlist for the future! They are both perfect for your needs- evening and formal. Comes down to your preference. Good luck!

Last edited:
I compared the kate small to the large WOC to the kate woc while shopping, so I can speak to those. Kate woc is the smallest, doesn't hold very much and has the longest chain. If you don't carry much it'll be okay. Maybe it'll fit your phone and lipstick and some cards, I can't quite remember exactly. Small kate is one compartment whereas the large WOC is more "compartmentalized." So it depends what you plan to put inside and how you like to carry your things.
Thank you! This is so helpful. And I agree - online, the Kate WOC looks similar to Kate small.

I think WOC and small can work for me, but not I cannot decide between with tassel or no tassel!

Thank you! This is so helpful. And I agree - online, the Kate WOC looks similar to Kate small.

I think WOC and small can work for me, but not I cannot decide between with tassel or no tassel!

Haha! It's a tough choice. I think I prefer the versatility of no tassel. Since it's a little less fancy looking... can use it on more occasions. I used to be on team tassel though! Loved the look- like jewellery. Maybe I will change my mind again one day, who knows.

Haha! It's a tough choice. I think I prefer the versatility of no tassel. Since it's a little less fancy looking... can use it on more occasions. I used to be on team tassel though! Loved the look- like jewellery. Maybe I will change my mind again one day, who knows.
Yeah, it is a tough choice! The thing is, I think the black no tassel look is prettier in gold hardware, while it's a bit...understated, I guess, with the silver. But I am very cool toned and so I will get more use out of silver. I adore the black with black hardware, but I don't want to risk chipping. And I already have a black sunset croc, so black croc with tassel and silver hardware is out!

Decisions, decisions! And I need to make it quick!

Yeah, it is a tough choice! The thing is, I think the black no tassel look is prettier in gold hardware, while it's a bit...understated, I guess, with the silver. But I am very cool toned and so I will get more use out of silver. I adore the black with black hardware, but I don't want to risk chipping. And I already have a black sunset croc, so black croc with tassel and silver hardware is out!

Decisions, decisions! And I need to make it quick!
Ah ok, yes I agree with you about the gold vs silver! And the silver tassel would be different from what you have in your collection!

Which bag did you go for in the end?

I also noticed the small black Kate in grained leather with silver HW and tassel has been removed from the website for some time now. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued? I reached out to customer service, but they did not know.