Small issues on new bag - return?

sunshine137

Jun 5, 2014
Just got a new lambskin mini in the mail, but I've found a few issues. There's small scratches on the bottom and side of the bag and a small scuff on the turnlock. Would this bother you? Can't tell if I'm just being neurotic or not...

IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3264.JPG IMG_3265.JPG

Keep. This is nothing. That said, if you are that worried about these little scratches, maybe you should return it all together. This is a bag, leather, it will get dings and scratches. And not using your bag for fear of putting a scratch on it is a waste. Keep the bag... It's gorgeous. And if you put a scratch on it, so what. It is your mark! Enjoy your bag! Take bag out tomorrow for a Saturday stroll!

These would not bother me and I would keep the bag. However, I think that it bothers you and I would contact the SA and see if they have a perfect one. If they do and you think exchange will satisfy you, then exchange. Good luck.

Just got a new lambskin mini in the mail, but I've found a few issues. There's small scratches on the bottom and side of the bag and a small scuff on the turnlock. Would this bother you? Can't tell if I'm just being neurotic or not...

View attachment 3674678 View attachment 3674676 View attachment 3674677
Hi sunshine, sorry that this happened to you. I would take the polishing cloth provided and try buffing out the scratches, in a gentle circular motion, over and over. If they are surface scratches, they may buff out and disappear. i noticed a tiny scratch on one of my bags recently and after buffing, first with my finger and then with the cloth it completely went away. I hope this will be the case for you as well. Good luck! :smile::heart:

I think this scratch can be removed by rubbing your finger on it - see this scratch test on Chanel Lambskin where she shows how to remove these scratch with her finger.

I'm not entirely sure if the boutique will accept exchanges for scratches - unlikely imo as it's not a "manufacturing defect".

However if you are someone who is easily bothered by those scratches, I think Lambskin may not be for you as you might have a lot more headache in the future with the potential wear and tear of this delicate leather.

It would bother me since I didn't do it even if it is bound to happen anyway. Get an exchange I'm sure you'll be able to find one! But I'd get caviar too no scratches show

Hi sunshine, sorry that this happened to you. I would take the polishing cloth provided and try buffing out the scratches, in a gentle circular motion, over and over. If they are surface scratches, they may buff out and disappear. i noticed a tiny scratch on one of my bags recently and after buffing, first with my finger and then with the cloth it completely went away. I hope this will be the case for you as well. Good luck! :smile::heart:

I didn't even get a cleaning cloth with the bag! I'll ask the SA to send me one if I decide to keep. I don't think it can be buffed out though. I tried using my finger, but it seems more like a dent in the leather rather than a scratch, if that makes sense.

I didn't even get a cleaning cloth with the bag! I'll ask the SA to send me one if I decide to keep. I don't think it can be buffed out though. I tried using my finger, but it seems more like a dent in the leather rather than a scratch, if that makes sense.
That is a bummer. There should have been a package of cellophane in your box that contains a polishing cloth, kind of like an oven mit, that you place on your hand to polish your bag with. :heart:

Last edited:

Those subtle marks are considered scratches and are not considered dents in the leather.

If it's a bag that costs less than $300, I'll try to buff out the scratches myself. However, with a price tag this high, I would want the bag to be perfect when I receive it. I will return if it's me.

Ooh I'm conflicted...Since it is straight from the boutique personally, that would bother me. If you can't buff it out like the ladies suggest then I'd probably send it back if I had the patience. When it comes to waiting on bags I have the patience of a five year old. When you think about it there will eventually be scratches on the bag but I can understand wanting it to be in pristine condition at the start, especially since you paid top dollar. In the end, if you're reaching for the bag and are only thinking about the flaws then return. If you put the bag on and look in th mirror and only see the beauty of it, keep it!

It's very hard to find a bag in perfect condition. The scuff on the lock would bother me IF it cant be removed with the cleaning cloth. The bag is lambskin and the scratches on the bottom will happen. If you return this bag, you may end up with one that has other issues that bother you more.