Small Imperfections...What is Acceptable?

tkokayde

May 26, 2010
Hi all! So I went on a cruise last week that sailed out of Charleston, SC, which is where my nearest Gucci store is. Before boarding the ship, we stopped by the Gucci and I picked up a few things, including the Cavendish shawl. I thought I was pretty thorough when I checked over the one the SA brought out from the back before wrapping it up. I am almost 100% positive there were NO snags on the one she showed me. Not sure if maybe she mixed it up with the display one or what, but when I opened the box when I got home from the cruise (already back in Raleigh), there were a few small snags on the shawl. I am debating what to do, whether to forget about it and enjoy, drive the 4.5 hours to Charleston to exchange it, or to call Gucci and ask for help. Any thoughts? I am attaching pics of some of the snags.

00b1ae3c.jpg

163c8991.jpg

OOH no that’s not good. I know how I am and I just would be annoyed with the snags. The bad thing is you have to drive 4 hours so that’s a hard one :tdown:

Does it bother you?

cfca22 said:
OOH no that’s not good. I know how I am and I just would be annoyed with the snags. The bad thing is you have to drive 4 hours so that’s a hard one :tdown:

Does it bother you?

Yes, it does! I am a perfectionist, especially with my lux stuff. I tried to tell myself that it would snag eventually anyway, but that didn't work. Still highly disappointed. Calling customer service to see what they can do...

That's really annoying, similar things have happened to me but at Hermes not Gucci (although an SA at Heathrow Gucci sold me a men's scarf without a tag and no box even though I told him it was to be a gift).

We are not buying candy we are buying premier designer goods that should live up to their name.

Having said that, I did keep the scarf from H and dry cleaned it and gave the scarf from G as the present intended (luckily they never wanted to exchange it) because to me time is prescious too so if I had that scarf I might just gently tease the 'pulls' in the scarf flat again and try to forget about it.

I now inspect whatever I'm buying and then make it clear to the SA I want that piece and no other :yes:

Yes, it does! I am a perfectionist, especially with my lux stuff. I tried to tell myself that it would snag eventually anyway, but that didn't work. Still highly disappointed. Calling customer service to see what they can do...

What did customer service say? I returned and exchanged the 1st LV I bought because I felt there was a stitching problem on one side. However I think from these pictures would keep the scarf.

I would contact the store speak to the manager or get the managers email attach pictures. Also, explain the drive is 4 hours and send you a postage paid box. Request they send you a perfect scarf to you residence of course it will come UPS. The SAs and store mangers know I'm very very particular when shopping at any store. If it's not in acceptable condition I call right away and send a email ! My question is "Ok so what are you going to do to correct this ?" I have never had any issues with Gucci SAs however, the one that helped you his/her manager should know what happened.

I would contact the store speak to the manager or get the managers email attach pictures. Also, explain the drive is 4 hours and send you a postage paid box. Request they send you a perfect scarf to you residence of course it will come UPS. The SAs and store mangers know I'm very very particular when shopping at any store. If it's not in acceptable condition I call right away and send a email ! My question is "Ok so what are you going to do to correct this ?" I have never had any issues with Gucci SAs however, the one that helped you his/her manager should know what happened.

Great advice :tup:

Thanks for the advice!

I contacted the store manager (Matthew) last Saturday the 17th. He said I should send it in and he would take care of it, waiving the 10 day exchange policy. I overnighted it via UPS on Monday the 19th, which cost me just over $40.00. I put a note inside explaining that I would really like to have the replacement by Christmas and gave him my phone number and email, asking for him to contact me to let me know what was going on. He received it on Tuesday the 20th. I heard nothing. Waited. Waited. Waaaaaaaited. Called the store on Friday the 23rd. Talked to the SA that had sold me the shawl. She said Matthew wasn't available, but that they were waiting for a new shawl that wasn't damaged to come from a different store so that they could then ship it to me. She said they would call me before sending it out to me. I haven't heard anything more.

So, my questions are:

1) do I ask Gucci to reimburse me for the shipping or just eat it? I thought overnighting it would expedite things, but apparently not.

2) why does the other store need to ship to the original store first? Can't they just ship it straight to me?

3) couldn't Gucci corporate have just sent it to me? If they had sent it to me on Tuesday even a few hours after the original store had received my shawl (they signed for it just before noon) I would have had it Friday or Saturday with normal shipping.

Would you guys just do as is, or raise the issue further? I must say I am disappointed, given this is my first store interaction with Gucci. Up until now I have always ordered online and been very satisfied. I thought that purchasing from the store was supposed to be a good experience, but I am not impressed.

Heads up for you guys...after finally receiving the replacement shawl yesterday, I am driving to Charleston right now with the hubby to hash this out in person.
The "new" one was in atrocious condition! It had multiple snags that were much larger than the first, strings and fringe pulled and coming out all over, no original sales tag on it, and the fabric Gucci tag was hanging by a thread like someone had tried to yank it off. I was fired up when I opened it.
After calling Gucci corporate offices, which were closed, I tried the sales assistance number. The rep told me he didn't know why the offices were closed, but if I wanted I could call back next week and talk to HR. Because HR handles customer service...I am very disappointed in the Gucci service right now, and have heard from a few people that they have also had less than stellar experiences with Gucci customer service. Anyone on here have issues?
I am hoping to stay strong and focused on the mission at hand, lol, but I am sure I will walk out with some new gear to do some reveals...;)

stayseeing said:
I completely agree with wanting perfect items. This is why I stay away from pre-owned (at least up until now). I hate imperfections, especially ones not caused by me! :x

Agreed. I got my Boston Aviatrix from BBOS Private Sale and got lucky. She is in PERFECT condition. But I try not to go that route.

Since the manager knew we were coming in today, he had Gucci corporate overnight them two unopened shawls for me to look over. I was impressed. The manager was very classy about it all. I was concerned how they would treat me, if they would look at me as the crazy customer. They were extremely understanding. We ended up getting a watch for my husband and the 90th Anniversary Edition 1921 Bamboo handle in the green fade. They also comped a bottle of perfume for me. Not bad! Can't wait to get home and open this bag!

Attachments

• image-4292700746.png
    image-4292700746.png
    819.9 KB · Views: 223
Agreed. I got my Boston Aviatrix from BBOS Private Sale and got lucky. She is in PERFECT condition. But I try not to go that route.

Since the manager knew we were coming in today, he had Gucci corporate overnight them two unopened shawls for me to look over. I was impressed. The manager was very classy about it all. I was concerned how they would treat me, if they would look at me as the crazy customer. They were extremely understanding. We ended up getting a watch for my husband and the 90th Anniversary Edition 1921 Bamboo handle in the green fade. They also comped a bottle of perfume for me. Not bad! Can't wait to get home and open this bag!

Wow, can't wait! So glad it all worked out for you tkokayde