Small imperfection that was totally driving me nuts

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
I got the Alexa Satchel in Navy/Black and the metal tag had a "nick" in it and it looked like the gunmetal finish was chipped. It was so small really but it was driving me crazy! I couldn't quit looking at it. So I went to my local boutique to pick up a hobo and showed the SA and she traded the tag out for me! I was so happy!
Does anyone else get all worked up over stuff so small?

Hi, Yeh! I know I do and for what ever the price low or high I paid, it bothers me and my eyes will always go back to the spot and I notice the imperfection no matter how hard I try not too.

You did the right thing even if no one else would notice it, you know it's there.

OMG yes!! I thought I was the only one. On my graphite Garnet it looked a spec of something got in the mix when the coating was put over the tag. I returned my bag for a new one, think the SAs think I am nuts :smile:

Yes, that has happened to me before! I had a Madison Magenta wallet, with the smallest pen mark on the front side right under the emblem. I kid you not, it was tiny, but drove me so nuts I took it back.

I usually don't "sweat the small stuff" but then again I only shop the outlet, don't have a boutique. I'm usually just greatfull to find the goodies I wanted at a great price. Having said this, if I bougt FP at the boutique I would want/demand PERFECTION!!!

I took back my Hamptons Archive Straw bag. The one with all the flowers and jewels. The material on the jewels came off, so I brought it back for another. It happened again so I brought it back and exchanged for my hippie.

I really liked the bag, and it was so unique, but I could NOT get over that one flaw. My husband suggested cutting off the material, and really, you wouldn't have known there was anything wrong with it by looking at it. But I knew, and I couldn't get over it.