SmalL Hermes Bags...Love'em or Hate'Em

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I like small bags, especially for evening. It forces you to edit down to the most important things. Most of all, you and your clothing can be appreciated and it is very feminine:love: I have 25cm Birkin and 28cm Kelly and they are great:love: Anyone agree with me? ... Or not:amuse:

I like all sizes inclusing the smaller ones. Gracekelly, one reason I purchased my 28 cm Kelly was to keep my contents on the downside. I also feel that the 28 cm carries much more easily into evening. The 30 cm and above still look good, but if you are more petite and short like I am I thought the 28 cm worked the best. (for the day to eve transition) Again, it is one of those preference things.

However, when I want to be a bit more radical I do pull out the large bags and they look great as well.

I am absolutely in love with my LV Vernis Spring Street, which is a Kelly-inspired bag on a very small, evening-appropriate scale. I'm sure that I would also love a Kelly in the same size.

For me, it's okay for kellys to be around 28cm or smaller. But for birkin, I prefer size 30cm or 35cm.

By the way, I love Judith Leiber clutches. I usually carry one during cocktail parties. If not, I carry my gucci dragon evening clutch by Tom Ford.