Small Heloise Hobo...in what color?

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi fellow Chloe lovers,

What color is the bag below? It is listed on the website where I found it as "light grey" - so is it galet?

Does anyone own this style? (DRR, I seem to recall some lovely pics of you with this bag -- How much does this bag hold? I don't carry much, but would like a bag that can easily fit the essentials).

I am looking for a cross-body bag & am in between the Heloise small hobo and the Heloise small leather bag in mastic:

I have tried this bag on in person, and it is very nice - but pretty small. That is my only concern about it...besides the fact that I like the galet color better. :P

Advice????? TIA! :smile:

Attachments

Nov 7, 2007
I don't know if the proper name for the grey in the heloise is galet or not - although it probably is - as chloe uses it as the name of grey in other styles. I think the grey is really pretty too!

My dust heloise hobo has gotten a fair few compliments already and I love the style - it is great.

Be warned it does not hold too much - but I chose this style over the larger hobo - due to there being onging handle issues with that larger hobo...

I haven't heard of any yet with this style - but besides that - thought it was pretty cute too.

I does hold enough to be used as an everyday bag, fits your daily essentials but would not be the type to then fit an umbrella, bottle of water, book and any bulky extras.

If you are a wallet, sunglasses, keys, cosmetics, diary person you should have no problems.

Good luck :smile:

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Thanks, DRR and maria!! :heart:

I suspect that it is galet, but I have written to the retailer and asked that they please tell me what the official name of the color on the Chloe tag is - one of the things that really annoys me about online retailers is when they don't post the correct color for bags (I mean how difficult is it to write "galet" next to "light grey"?) Chloe colors are confusing enough as it is! :P

And the capacity of the bag is perfect for me - very helpful, thanks!

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I think you did the right thing to get the actual color name, because I've also seen dust described as a "light grey" on some sites.

Loquita

May 16, 2008
^Yep - that's what I was thinking...i will let you all know once I get the answer! I have learned that it's always best to get the official name on the Chloe tag - more often than not the seller/retailer has it incorrectly listed.

Chloé75

Kraut
Jan 11, 2009
3h from Paris
I love both styles...hard to decide...:thinking:
I've never seen the small leather bag IRL so far so personally I would prefere to see/try/wear it before making my decision. I love the small hobo but I also love the pictures of the small leather bag...but maybe it would be to small for me...

Lillemy_74

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
Norway
Both are gorgeous. From the pic I personally prefer the colour on the hobo, and maybe also the style. But would have had to tried them on to decide between them.. Depends on what you want to use it for, and how much it has to hold...