Small Graduation Gift: Mini Pochette vs. Coin Purse

Michellynn71

Mar 15, 2017
Hi all....I'm looking for opinions here. My niece is graduating from College next weekend and I wanted to get her some sort of little LV item (which would be her first). I'm trying to keep it small because she really could also use a cash gift to help her get up and running with her first "out of college" apartment. So....I'd like to give her a check for that piece.....BUT, I still want to give her something fun that she wouldn't buy for herself at this stage of her life.

With that said....I'm torn between going with the mini pochette or a coin purse (they are same general price point). At first I was going with mini pochette and was going to get a separate crossbody strap for her from etsy (she could then use as a tiny crossbody). BUT, then I realized her phone might not fit in that....so she would probably only use it for cosmetics or maybe as a makeshift wallet. That then had me looking at the compact wallets...and the only thing in the same price point in the zippy coin purse. Sooooo....a little torn.

What do you think?

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
I vote for mini pochette she could definitely use it as a grab a go. Perfect and cute little bad. If you know what kind of phone she has you could check on google the dimensions of the cellphone to see if it would fit in the mini pochette. You can also make another thread or ask in the mini pochette accessoires club and ask which phone fits in it and which one does not. Can't go wrong with the mini but with either or i am sure she will love it . =)

I vote for mini pochette she could definitely use it as a grab a go. Perfect and cute little bad. If you know what kind of phone she has you could check on google the dimensions of the cellphone to see if it would fit in the mini pochette. You can also make another thread or ask in the mini pochette accessoires club and ask which phone fits in it and which one does not. Can't go wrong with the mini but with either or i am sure she will love it . =)
Good point on the phone. I was looking at my iPhone 7 plus sitting next to my mini pochette and knew that would never fit and assumed a regular iPhone wouldn't either. Now, I know she has either an iphone 6 or 5 (definitely not the plus). I took my old iphone 6 case and that does in fact fit in the mini pochette. No idea why that didn't occur to me before. LOL Sometimes someone else saying it just what you need to breaks you out of those occasional stupid mental blocks. LOL

Reactions: Wamgurl
Coin purse! Love mine! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Do you put cards and cash (besides coins) in that and find it fits fine? She won't have a lot of cards at this point given she is just starting off out of college. Just trying to get a feel for functionality of it. I have the Victorine wallet...but that is a completely different layout...so wasn't sure about the zippy.

I vote mini pochette. I use mine as a wallet at the moment because a full size wallet is taking too much room now I've downsize to smaller handbags. I've not got round to buying a compact wallet yet. But I have a card case and small zip coin cles I put into the mini pochette along with cash. Plus 1 lipstick. It functions very well for me. Hence I'm so far in no rush to get a compact wallet of yet.

Reactions: Michellynn71
I vote mini pochette. I use mine as a wallet at the moment because a full size wallet is taking too much room now I've downsize to smaller handbags. I've not got round to buying a compact wallet yet. But I have a card case and small zip coin cles I put into the mini pochette along with cash. Plus 1 lipstick. It functions very well for me. Hence I'm so far in no rush to get a compact wallet of yet.
Thanks....this description of how you use it is helpful.

Reactions: Missydora
I would only do the coin purse if you live in a country where coin is used a lot. If you're in the USA for example something that would hold card would be used far more often than a coin purse. I think the mini pochette would have far more uses throughout her life.

I know I'm going off the options list here, but why not something like a cles? It's less money than the round coin purse, is actually capable of holding both coins and cards, could easily hold small items like earbuds or a lip chap, and it can be attached to a set of keys.

AND it could hold the keys of the first appartment, so this would match the theme.

I know I'm going off the options list here, but why not something like a cles? It's less money than the round coin purse, is actually capable of holding both coins and cards, could easily hold small items like earbuds or a lip chap, and it can be attached to a set of keys.
Yes...that is a another good option to consider.
AND it could hold the keys of the first appartment, so this would match the theme.
Definitely a good point!!

Reactions: chicnfab
I would only do the coin purse if you live in a country where coin is used a lot. If you're in the USA for example something that would hold card would be used far more often than a coin purse. I think the mini pochette would have far more uses throughout her life.
Yes.....I'm leaning less and less to the zippy coin purse. It seems to have a more limited range of uses.