Small gabby or small lady dior?

Small gabrielle in light pink or lady dior my abc in fard?

• Small gabrielle

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Small lady dior

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

einertia

O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hi ladies,

The price point of the gabrielle in small is now a little higher than the lady Dior, which I’ve always liked from afar.

I recently asked my Chanel SA to source the light pink small gabrielle from last year, which I did own until September 19 but sold to fund another small gabrielle in chevron grey from 20c... I have seller’s remorse, for the first time in my life.

but with the recent price increase, I suddenly remember I have always had the small lady dior on my radar and maybe the gabrielle isn’t a good idea after all even though it is probably my favorite Chanel bag.

I am so confused and wouldn’t mind being given a piece of advice or at least some opinions.

This would be my first dior bag, I have only shopped at Chanel for the past 4 years.
Also, isn’t the lady dior everywhere now? There was this vapid girl I used to follow on IG who owns half the dior shop and I am afraid the lady dior now has this “IG sheep” vibe to it. Or maybe I’m just overthinking...

Thank you in advance!

I would definitely choose the Lady Dior, but I have never been a fan of the Gabby and the LD has been on my radar lately. If you love the Gabby though and there's one you want right in stock now, I would beat the increase and possibly revisit the Dior down the line.

I would definitely choose the Lady Dior, but I have never been a fan of the Gabby and the LD has been on my radar lately. If you love the Gabby though and there's one you want right in stock now, I would beat the increase and possibly revisit the Dior down the line.

Thank you so much for your reply!
Part of me is a little vain: from the look of things, it seems the gabby is int it’s way out and I’m scared I’ll end up with a bag no one wants or likes in two years. A bit like having a Fendi spy or a chloe paddington in your closet (I heard the spy might be in its way back though)

Reactions: CherryHeart
You already have a Gabrielle so don't buy another. The bag is meant to last many years and that gives you the option to try another brand and style. I think they are similar enough in shape and style that the LD would be a good choice. Maybe preloved? They don't hold value as well as Chanel.

I think the question is whether you want the bag and judging by your history with the Gabby it seems you do. I will prefer even the ugliest Gabby to the Lady D because I am not a fan of the handles, they always cheapen the whole look for me but that’s obviously highly subjective.

thats such a good point though, not to mention how the color would fade so quick if I were to use the handles given that I want it in a super light color.

But it just occurred to me that the beige and black gabby is someehat iconic and would match both my slingbacks and espadrilles perfectly, so there. The never ending super vain and frivolous conundrum of what bag to get before another price increase.

I would go for the Lady Dior. It is such a classic and I love how Dior has modernised it recently, especially with the matt hardware. I think this attracted a younger market, probably that's why we are seeing it more often now. I have seen people styling it with really casual/sporty clothes but of course, it can also look really classy. The Gabby for me is too edgy, I don't dislike it but I am not sure if that style is here to stay.

Reactions: einertia
You already have a Gabrielle so don't buy another. The bag is meant to last many years and that gives you the option to try another brand and style. I think they are similar enough in shape and style that the LD would be a good choice. Maybe preloved? They don't hold value as well as Chanel.

I don’t have a boy in my collection and now I’m thinking of a small boy OR beige and black gabby. I just love Chanel too much... I am completely under their spell.

I would go for the Lady Dior. It is such a classic and I love how Dior has modernised it recently, especially with the matt hardware. I think this attracted a younger market, probably that's why we are seeing it more often now. I have seen people styling it with really casual/sporty clothes but of course, it can also look really classy. The Gabby for me is too edgy, I don't dislike it but I am not sure if that style is here to stay.

Good point. I have a bad feeling about the gabby, even though I love the style so so much... I’m not sure the one with the handle is doing well and I haven’t seen any new medium ones around or online ‍♀️

Reactions: CherryHeart
Good point. I have a bad feeling about the gabby, even though I love the style so so much... I’m not sure the one with the handle is doing well and I haven’t seen any new medium ones around or online ‍♀️
I know the gabby is versatile as it can be worn in different ways, and I can see why people like it. But if I am spending that amount of money I want to make sure the style is sustainable. But that's just me, you said you sold a Gabby and regretted it so do you think you really want it back in your life?

I know the gabby is versatile as it can be worn in different ways, and I can see why people like it. But if I am spending that amount of money I want to make sure the style is sustainable. But that's just me, you said you sold a Gabby and regretted it so do you think you really want it back in your life?

I sold it to buy another small gabby (in chevron grey from 20c). I love the style, I was scared the color would be too fragile but I miss it.

Since you already have a Gabby, definitely the Small Lady Dior. I don't think the Gabby will be out of style or anything like that... it didn't seem to come in as hot and heavy as the Paddington or Spy so I don't think it will ever look tired in that same way. I just think you must love something 200% to get a multiple of it and if you're even questioning it then get something else. Variety is the spice of life. :smile:

I don’t have a boy in my collection and now I’m thinking of a small boy OR beige and black gabby. I just love Chanel too much... I am completely under their spell.
I you say this, then forget about Dior all together. I am very fond of the look of the boy so I am very biased about that one.

For the beige and black gabby I would say no because I always tend to lean towards a favorite if I have multiple colours. If that is not the case with you then go for it.