Small Flynn

Jun 8, 2006
Good morning, all:

It's a cloudy day in the neighborhood and hope you are enjoying this Friday.
I'd like an opinion. I really love the Flynn and was very happy with my black saffiano that I picked up for a steal. I like it so much that I was looking at another, but then I discovered the newly launched small Flynn on the Dooney web site. I own the small City Barlow. It's in caramel and that's a nice neutral shade and in pebbled leather. Measurements are given as

• H 8.75" x W 5" x L 10" vs H 9.5" x W 5" x L 10" (Small Barlow) Can't tell if would be the same as a small Barlow. (btw, I intend to use my discount code from the Two Cents survey.) I'd love your input. Many thanks.
B1459G_AWCAPATN_ALT4.jpg

Good morning, all:

It's a cloudy day in the neighborhood and hope you are enjoying this Friday.
I'd like an opinion. I really love the Flynn and was very happy with my black saffiano that I picked up for a steal. I like it so much that I was looking at another, but then I discovered the newly launched small Flynn on the Dooney web site. I own the small City Barlow. It's in caramel and that's a nice neutral shade and in pebbled leather. Measurements are given as

• H 8.75" x W 5" x L 10" vs H 9.5" x W 5" x L 10" (Small Barlow) Can't tell if would be the same as a small Barlow. (btw, I intend to use my discount code from the Two Cents survey.) I'd love your input. Many thanks.
B1459G_AWCAPATN_ALT4.jpg
My opinion.... I own the small Florentine Barlow and find it too small. I also own the regular and large Barlow and the Flynn, all in Florentine).
Comparing the measurements for the small Barlow with the small Flynn here is what I think..... the small Flynn should hold as much as the small Barlow. The base length and depth are the same. The Flynn is wider at the top. All the space inside the Flynn is usable. I find in the small Barlow that the outside pockets make it difficult to utilized some of the interior space near the top of the bag if you want to snap the bag closed.

The only way to tell if it will work for you is to try it I think if the small Barlow is big enough the small Flynn should be too.

Reactions: starbucksqueen
Thanks, Lavenderjunkie.
It's the Goldilocks syndrome at work, I guess. I adore my Small Barlow, because it's not tiny and it's nice enough to take to events. Sometimes I need a bit more than a mini crossbody and I love to put my phone in one of the pockets and my Metrocard in the other. The Flynn is great if I need to carry extra stuff and pop in a store as I go about. It's really a large bag. What I would like is one that is just a bit smaller. I really love the Flynn, because the straps can just drape--there's no fussing with a handle. This particular weekend there's a lot of competition for my money: Coach invitation, Macy's VIP sale and that 20 percent discount code from Dooney. I also see that the zip pod backpack in saffiano is reduced to $169 with EZ pays. A teal bag would be lovely. There's lots of choices and not enough money! Thanks again for your input. I'll let you know what I do! :smile:

Reactions: DaffodilDuck
Thanks, Lavenderjunkie.
It's the Goldilocks syndrome at work, I guess. I adore my Small Barlow, because it's not tiny and it's nice enough to take to events. Sometimes I need a bit more than a mini crossbody and I love to put my phone in one of the pockets and my Metrocard in the other. The Flynn is great if I need to carry extra stuff and pop in a store as I go about. It's really a large bag. What I would like is one that is just a bit smaller. I really love the Flynn, because the straps can just drape--there's no fussing with a handle. This particular weekend there's a lot of competition for my money: Coach invitation, Macy's VIP sale and that 20 percent discount code from Dooney. I also see that the zip pod backpack in saffiano is reduced to $169 with EZ pays. A teal bag would be lovely. There's lots of choices and not enough money! Thanks again for your input. I'll let you know what I do! :smile:
Good luck choosing. Hope you love what ever you decide to buy.

Reactions: starbucksqueen
They've marked the full size Flynn down on the Q. It would be roughly the same price as a small.
Anyway, I was out and about and then I realized that I didn't order the deep teal bag from the Q. I saw that the small Florentine Brenna was a One Day Only on six EZ pays (cheaper than As is.) Using the app to order, I thought I clicked on the black circle. (I do have a black Small City Barlow, but it's a sibling, not a twin. Later on, I went to check the status of my order and discovered that I clicked on Navy! Sheesh. You know how it goes: there aren't any black left. Or navy. It's not like I have a shortage of black bags in various shapes and sizes. There was always something about that bag in black. More understated. I know some people really loved the regular Brenna, but I didn't care for the tan trim. I would have loved an all black Brenna. And there she went. And then I got really stuck on getting a teal bag, since I wear a lot of black. And that teal would also go with cranberry red, cream, grey, navy and camel. (all the colors of my coats.) So the backpack had sold out out. One popped in and I think I got it, At least i got the confirmation. If there's any consolation, navy in the Florentine is quite dark and it will so work with my coats. I even wear it with black. (I have the foldover crossbody and that's a grab-and-go thing.) Now if they had only made a small Flynn in teal.....LOL.

They've marked the full size Flynn down on the Q. It would be roughly the same price as a small.
Anyway, I was out and about and then I realized that I didn't order the deep teal bag from the Q. I saw that the small Florentine Brenna was a One Day Only on six EZ pays (cheaper than As is.) Using the app to order, I thought I clicked on the black circle. (I do have a black Small City Barlow, but it's a sibling, not a twin. Later on, I went to check the status of my order and discovered that I clicked on Navy! Sheesh. You know how it goes: there aren't any black left. Or navy. It's not like I have a shortage of black bags in various shapes and sizes. There was always something about that bag in black. More understated. I know some people really loved the regular Brenna, but I didn't care for the tan trim. I would have loved an all black Brenna. And there she went. And then I got really stuck on getting a teal bag, since I wear a lot of black. And that teal would also go with cranberry red, cream, grey, navy and camel. (all the colors of my coats.) So the backpack had sold out out. One popped in and I think I got it, At least i got the confirmation. If there's any consolation, navy in the Florentine is quite dark and it will so work with my coats. I even wear it with black. (I have the foldover crossbody and that's a grab-and-go thing.) Now if they had only made a small Flynn in teal.....LOL.
Hope you love the bags and colors that you finally get. :smile: You can't have too many black or navy Dooney handbags, especially Florentine. And teal is very popular this fall/winter. I've always loved teal and this season teal is one of the colors highlighted in the Pantone 2018 fall/winter list of 10 'in' colors.

They're both coming my way. It's one of those instances where I honestly tried to cancel one. You know the feeling I'm sure. It's when you stop and think about the grand total and the wallet is found trembling in a corner, wondering if it's safe to come out! :smile: According to UPS, they were handed over to the Post Office. I'm waiting at home for another delivery. I anticipated a larger box. (I also had ordered some Clarks. Didn't want to lug a bunch of boxes from the Post Office. I don't think they put them together in one box.)